• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Eva
    The paler mare smiled as the purple toned mare seemed to relax at the mention of Adria. Her sister seemed to have developed a very good reputation here on the island. Everyone who knew her seemed to love her, which certainly fit Aquaria's knowledge of her sibling. Adria had always had that sweetness to her that made others instantly at ease, and it wasn't a trait she abused. She'd left a lot to live up to. 

"She has more family than just me. But they're seafaring folk, no surprise. Wanderers. Adria has always been the most stalwart of us, so it hasn't been a shock to see her so successful here." The cream nereid shrugged ruefully. "Dad says I've run wild long enough, and that it'd do me well to learn a bit of responsibly. So here I am." Her golden lips turned upward into a good humored smile. It was probably a fair assessment. 

She shivered a bit in the breeze, fins quivering like palm fronds. The sky was definitely darkening, heavy clouds moving quickly over the water. At the far edge though, a strip of bright blue sky already peeked through. It would not be a long storm, at least. 

Her eyes went back to the other mare as she started to speak again. It was bittersweet, hearing Eva's tale on her relationship with the elder nereid. Aquaria couldn't help but be proud of her sister for building such a fulfilling life here. She only wished she'd been part of it sooner. "Adria has a talent for making others feel at home. I'm glad she found you." She bumped her nose into the colorful mare's neck lightly. "I hope in time you and I will be close as well. Any family of 'Ria's is family of mine." She asserted with a toss of her head. 

She listened to Eva's description of the local weather, pleased with the tropical nature of the place. "It's wonderful, having so much water. Makes me miss the deep a little less." She would always belong to the water, but here it seemed like less of a sacrifice to walk on land. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Eva - by Aquaria - 09-05-2019, 12:00 PM