• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When I fall to pieces in my sleep; Kyrapony

my soul is in the sky

Rae has never quite gotten such a greeting before, and it brings a smile to her lips with a soft chuckle. Not at either one of them, just simply a sound of pleasure and kindness all rolled together. It is hard not to be flattered, and she can’t help but stretch out her wings to their full span for a moment, letting the other mare see them. They are more than pretty, they are freedom. Not that she needs them, technically, she can fly without their aid, but she has always loved her wings. She uses her trait to fly in weather that should otherwise be impossible, but she rarely flies without them in at least some capacity. Her wings were no different than the legs she used to walk.

“Thank you,” she says. “You are beautiful too,” because she is. Jeweled and iced, the mare is other wordly in a sense. Rae does not consider herself anything special, and in Beqanna, she is almost plain. The color of her mother, splashed with her father, and dipped into the sky. Her touch of blue is ordinary here. Brielle glimmers though, and Rae hopes the other mare doesn’t sell herself short. Beauty is not everything, but the other mare has it all the same.

The mare’s voice too...there is something almost familiar about it, though Rae would likely have been too young to remember the sound of the Valley dwellers. The accent is like an itch though, sitting just out of reach, lost to time and memory. “I have flown all my life, but somehow I ended up where I started. I suppose that is far, but I’ve been back for some time.” Rae is sure she flies far more than the average, but she is not a creature of the land but the sky. She sleeps on clouds and moves from one place to the next. Even now she does not settle, cannot settle, when some part of her equine nature would love to finally belong. But the sky is home, and she cannot forsake it.

The accent nibbles at her still though, and so she asks, “Have you walked far?”

rae

@[Briella] sorry I am super slow

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When I fall to pieces in my sleep; Kyrapony - by Rae - 11-10-2019, 08:15 PM