• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we were neon in a grey crowd; starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

“You think I said anything to Brigade because I care about what he thinks or feels?” The question is rhetorical, and while there is still an edge to her voice much of the scathing sharpness has dulled. But there is nothing kind in the way that she continues, the way the words are etched in ice and the dark blue of her eyes remain noticeably frigid. “I care about Lie. I care that he loves you, that he felt guilty for everything with me, but you did the same and he was hardly an afterthought. You had such little respect for that relationship that the consequences of what could happen with Brigade were apparently not enough for you.”

Starsin has been known to take what she wanted, with what on the outside would appear to be with little regard for what would happen if word of her actions reached Ophanim. But the difference, in her mind at least, was everything she did was a reaction to how Ophanim made her feel. She had been fiercely loyal until she realized it was not being reciprocated. Anyone that knew her, even for a brief amount of time, would not be surprised that she sought revenge whenever she felt slighted.

But she had learned.

She had learned that those brief, fleeting feelings of lust and want and almost-love could never replace what she had with him. She had learned that she would rather burn and sit in her own hurt than hurt him back.

“Honestly, Kensa,” she says on a sigh, tilting her head askew in that impossibly irritating way of hers. “If this is all it takes to ruin your marriage with Lie, I guess it wasn’t much of a marriage to begin with, was it?” She should have left it at that, and for a moment, she appears as though she is going to. Her muscles flinch in preparation to leave, but there is a pause, and she looks back to Kensa with a thoughtful expression. “I’m not sure what you expected when you met me. I’ve never pretended to be anything other than what I am.” She doesn’t think there were many that would describe her as anything other than manipulative and calculating. Her reputation preceded her, and it was the only warning sign anyone needed. “I’m sure we will be seeing each other again,” she says with a barbed-wire smile, her eyes lingering on Kensa’s topaz own, before disappearing along the path that would take her back to Sylva.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    we were neon in a grey crowd; starsin - by Kensa - 08-18-2019, 03:12 PM
    RE: we were neon in a grey crowd; starsin - by Starsin - 09-08-2019, 05:43 PM