• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

caught in the afterglow; any
    He’s gone silent for too long now.  What if she’d squashed him?  What if she killed him?!  That’s not what she had wanted to do at all!

Panic starts to rise in her heaving chest as she straightens her awkwardly positioned legs.  “Oh no, no, no, no,” she cried, scouring the crisp grass blades to try to find him.  “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean for this to happen, I was only playing!”

There’s not much time for her to look before Catcher notices an almost palpable change in the air.  The feeling of someone or something watching her had finally started to seep in, settling across her like an itchy cloak.  The back of her neck prickled in response,  and she turned in a tight circle, shuffling her slight frame haphazardly, kicking up a new cloud of dust in the process. She was certain that no one had been standing there a moment ago. “Who...who,” she started quietly, squinting through the haze and strange sunlight to make out the blurry shape approaching.   Realizing she sounded like a strangled owl, her gaping mouth snapped shut before she could make the same pathetic sound again.  Instead, she waited patiently, cautiously trying to make out the person before they were directly on top of her.  Running wasn’t an option either - that would be rude.

"I hope for my sake that that is not how you greet every stranger you stumble upon."

“Depends on if the stranger is friendly or not,” the patched unicorn said warily, watching through narrowed eyes as a pretty woman came to fruition in front of her.  A horn, not unlike her own seemed to grow out of nowhere on the woman’s brow, narrow and dark just like hers.  Catcher’s head tilts curiously, a single brow raised daintily in an unspoken question.  The lady asked her name, and its enough to snap her from her momentary fixation on the other’s appearance.

“My name is Catcher, who are you and how did you do that with your horn?  Is this a dream?” 

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 08-18-2019, 07:27 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 08-24-2019, 04:42 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 04-26-2020, 06:51 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 04-28-2020, 04:53 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 04-29-2020, 03:24 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 04-29-2020, 04:38 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 05-20-2020, 08:29 AM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 05-21-2020, 11:55 AM