• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just a link in your chain

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She realizes her mistake quickly, and she wants to withdraw from him. Instead, she remains completely still, with hardly a breath escaping her lips. She rests her mouth against his neck at his question, and she can feel the way her heart begins to split along the cracks and fractures already formed. It wasn’t often that she made a mistake like this – entirely unknowing, as a result of an oversight on her part. She was always so busy picking through the pieces of his thoughts, trying to use them to decipher this unknown path they were both blindly treading, that it was nearly unfathomable that she could have slipped up like this.

“I thought you knew,” she finally says, her voice uncharacteristically quiet, almost fragile. “I’m so sorry, Lie, I shouldn’t have said anything.” He steps back from her, and she doesn’t follow. She could recognize the way he had begun to break, at first, and how he now had already steeled himself into something stronger, building a fortress around his hurt. She sees it, because she has done the same countless times.

“I can’t see feelings, only thoughts. Sometimes I can piece things together, when there’s a thought and an action. So I don’t...I can’t really tell you what she feels for him.” She pauses, unsure if she should continue. She holds his gaze with her own, with a nearly palpable sympathy and regret radiating from the depths of her eyes and into the lines of her face. “But Brigade...he only thought of her. And he didn’t know you existed.” Hesitantly, she reaches forward, touching her nose gently against his shoulder as she says softly, “I’m sorry.” But she knows all too well that no amount of apologies can mend broken hearts.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[litotes]

so you definitely don't have to reply to this, I was meaning for it to be a closer. we can just assume now Lie knows most of what Starsin knows?

Messages In This Thread
    just a link in your chain - by litotes - 08-18-2019, 09:36 PM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by Starsin - 08-18-2019, 10:47 PM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by litotes - 08-20-2019, 09:36 PM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by Starsin - 08-25-2019, 10:20 PM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by litotes - 08-25-2019, 10:54 PM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by Starsin - 08-26-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by litotes - 08-31-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: just a link in your chain - by Starsin - 09-08-2019, 05:33 PM