• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Been Feeling Lost Lately
    There has to be more to her than just a mother and a herd mare, right? Many things piece together to define a person, this could not be all that she was. Before Raed, before her lost filly, before Aten, before Taiga, before Popinjay and Owin, she had found herself in Beqanna brought to its edges by the sea itself. She had been full of adventure, despite her ever present anxiety. She wanted to explore and meet new friends, and maybe a few enemies along the way.

She had not done much of that.

But it was changing, slowly. Taiga was become more populated, and she cringed a little in her attributing that to Wolfbane and Lepis. Before they had taken Taiga over and Aten was in charge they had talked of her studying the diplomacy of Beqanna, but she had never gotten a chance yet, and so today she found herself leaving Owin in the trustworthy company of Aten and Turul while she took some time for herself.

She walked lazy along the border of Loess, her golden buckskin pelt dancing in golden rhythm to the autum sun. It did not take her long to wander through the forest, though there it was darker than Taiga, the trees hung closer to the ground and it was more dense for the simple fact that it did not house large, ancient redwoods like Taiga.

As she exited the shadows into the field she inhaled deeply the fresh air. The scent of crimson blood wafted across the nearly empty field, tickling her nose in concern. Large amethyst eyes scanned the opening, her ears settling forward, to find the source of so much blood. They settled softly on a tattered pegasus crumpled on the ground, he seemed to have found himself in such a position that one would almost miss him against the changing seasonal colors if they did not look closely enough.

Tentatively she began to close the space between herself and the mess of a man. She watched as he pulled himself together, agony seeming to tangle through his body as she watched him inspect his broken self.

There was so much blood.

Sadness laced her purple eyes as he dragged himself to the nearby lake. She approached the light colored stallion carefully, as not to spook him - he looked as if he had already been through enough. She watched quietly at the lakes side while the water that swirled around him stained itself with the mud and blood from his pale coat.

I don't mean to intrude, but... can I help you in anyway? Anyway at all? her voice was soft and velvety, many years of anxiety and caution smoothing its edges, despite the rather large, ragged but faded scar that graced her muzzle. The concern that laced her question reflected in the deep purples of her eyes as she did a once over of the slightly larger pegasus. A soft sigh of apathy escaped her lips as she traced his wing closest to her.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Yossarian]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    I've Been Feeling Lost Lately - by Yossarian - 08-18-2019, 09:51 PM
    RE: I've Been Feeling Lost Lately - by Izora Lethia - 08-18-2019, 10:33 PM