• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  but i'm scared i'll get scared, starsin.
    <div style="Margin:Auto;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px #000;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(86,84,97,0)400px,rgba(86,84,97,1)600px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/Bbjy2yFy/ophie.png')top no-repeat,#000;width:490px;padding:550px 10px 0px 10px;border:1px solid #000;border-radius:250px 250px 0px 0px;"><div style="text-align:center;margin-bottom:-25px;font:48px times new roman;letter-spacing:35px;padding-left:20px;color:rgba(86,84,97,1);text-shadow:0px 0px 5px #000;">OPHANIM</div><div style="border:3px double #000;border-radius:35%/35px;border-top:0px;border-bottom:0px;padding:30px 5px;color:#000;">He has slept on the ocean floor for what must have been days. Weeks? He can’t remember how he left the world, only the cradle of the black depths that crushed the breath from his lungs until it felt close enough to death for him to sleep. Ophanim wanted to stay until the world forgot his face and even his name. But one day when he awoke, he was on the sand with the autumn sun warming his golden skin and Starsin’s name was on his tongue as he rose from his fever dream. He cried out for her until it bruised his mouth. It felt like the only word he knew or cared to know.

But no one answered back.
    The ocean, indifferent, continued its steady waves and lapped across his legs.

Now the sad-eyed angel finds himself at the base of the mountain with a heart like lead. He could just fly to its peak, he knows, but the wind beneath his wings feels too much like being in love. Being so weightless reminds him of waking up next to her and he’d rather leave those things at the bottom of the ocean where they can’t claw at him anymore. But the molten core of him has broken and healed so crooked that he wonders what good is a heart anyway? Why let the weeping thing stay here when his prodigal son could take it and find that which eluded Ophanim?

And so he climbs, one step after another with that slow burning halo orbiting his tired head the whole way. The gold splashes across his body fade to a red roan, the color he was born – the color of the boy he wishes he could be again. Starsin had loved him wholly and faithfully back then, he reminds himself. He had been true to her and it had come as naturally as breathing. Ophanim forces a smile across his face as he nears the peak as though it might serve as armor against the tirade of old memories.

After this, there will be nothing left of him to hurt and ache and burn for the love he wasted. After this, he will be untouchable and forget all warmth. He draws a deep breath before raising his head.

“<I>I know I’ve squandered every good thing I’ve been given. I want to start repaying my debts, I suppose,</i>” he says with a laugh, embarrassed with himself for not knowing the right words to say. “<I>My son needs a heart so he can find love. I’d like to give him mine, if you can. And make Starsin forget all the hurt I’ve brought her… if it’s not too much trouble, that is.</i>”

And then he waits, wings tucked tight to his sides as his chin drops and he finds himself staring at the little rocks between his hooves.</div><div style="text-align:center;font-style:italic;margin-top:-15px;color:#2c2629;letter-spacing:3px;">you could drown in those eyes, i said.</div></div>
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    but i'm scared i'll get scared, starsin. - by Ophanim - 08-19-2019, 02:08 AM