• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    One effect that the forest could have on an unsuspecting traveler was making one feel like they were being watched, hunted, even if they couldn't detect anything of their pursuer. In Aten's case, he had not detected this yet, hence why he was walking in such a relaxed fashion. But the silence would be broken by a voice slipping through the trees, dripping down like blood and venom in his ears as a small chill ran through his blood.

Aten's muscles quivered under his skin as he stopped and turned to look where the voice came from. The filly had no qualms about concealing herself in the trees now, her eyes burning with focus as if they were trying to sear a mark in Aten's flesh. Her coat was a flashing myriad of colors that still blended into the trees, save for the magenta that would stand out for a brief second before disappearing into a darker shade.

"You cost me my lunch you know." Her words are harsh, but lack true emotion; it was more so that she had spoken to him in a moment of frustration but only wished to yell, not really blame him for what had happened.

Then, she asks him a question that caught Aten slightly off guard, for he had never been asked that before. He had an idea of how he wanted to answer, but first, he turned to Turul, meeting the raptor's eyes.

"Perhaps we should express our apologies." He informed the falcon. Turul tilted his head before flapping his wings and saying something back, though to the filly, it sounded like a series of squawks. "It may have been by accident, but there should be something we can do at the very least." The falcon squeezed his talons tighter around the fox squirrel. "I'm not saying all of it, unless you wish. You can always hunt for another; you have an advantage over her when it comes to hunting small forest animals."

Turul did not want to admit his friend, while maybe not entirely right, had a good point. The raptor prided himself on his ability to hunt through the trees and sky, and while not all his hunts were successful either, there was a distinct difference in hunting while one's size was as big as an equine against small like a bird of prey.

"Is not my purpose to wander? Our kind has evolved to do so over millions of years. And what if I was wandering in search of something? Would that not be my purpose?"

As he said that last question, Turul returned and circled above the two equines for a moment. He descended with each one until he was only a few feet above their heads, and then, when he made a turn over the filly, he relaxed his grip on the fox squirrel and felt it slip from his claws. The small forest animal fell to the earth in front of the filly's hooves, after which the falcon flew toward the stallion and landed on his withers, briefly apologizing to his friend for the blood that would now stain his golden coat.

@[Skaide]

OOC: Hey Skaide. Just wanted to let you know, the italicized dialogue is Aten speaking to Turul through their mental link.

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone; - by Skaide - 08-19-2019, 02:35 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 03:44 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Skaide - 08-20-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Anyone; - by Aten - 08-20-2019, 12:00 PM