• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let me fly and follow my dreams; Llowell
    (she has no html haha)

The girl had followed her mother's example; walked away from the world when it all became to heavy. Ilma had been a great and warm mom, sure - through all the fever dreams, Terhi had known that her mother was safe, was home. Even if she woke up shivering, she'd be there.

-What Terhi didn't know was that Llowell would have had experienced it the other way around; an angsty mother who would wake from her nightmares and find solace only in the smell of her son. How strange the world worked, that way.-

Now, the girl was nearly grown. She favoured water and shadow and nighttime; born with a lakeside view, nothing else but the sound of water told her she was somehow home. Born with the Plague, hallucinating day and night, she still didn't want to sleep at daytimes, still hid away from the world. All in all, for all that she was quite a pretty girl, with her deep golden palomino colouring and the cutest dots on her side (her mother had told her that her father had them on the other side, and golden, but Terhi couldn't do anything with that information). She should perhaps be out there, in the open, find a pretty boy to join their herd, or someone more exclusive and permanent only for her - or even be a diplomat like her mother, have a purpose, join a kingdom - but due to the circumstances, that just wasn't her.

And so she dozed in the sunlight and woke at twilight. Now, she lifted her head and wandered towards the water. She knew her father was a wanderer, and her siblings too. Sometimes she wondered if she'd ever meet them, and sometimes the girl thought perhaps she didn't care.

@[Llowell]

Messages In This Thread
    Let me fly and follow my dreams; Llowell - by Terhi - 08-22-2019, 10:27 AM