• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Vulgaris, Leliana, anyone;
    V u l g a r i S
    Lately, the only thing he’s had to pray for was the health of his children, both alive and unborn. Leliana’s stomach hasn’t grown as large as it had with the twins and so he thinks they will only have one new addition when the spring arrives. He doesn’t mind either way, really, but perhaps this could mean more sleep for the pair. At least the fairies were kind enough to restore his youth so he has the energy to keep up with the four youngest. Chronos is always trying to lead them off in the name of adventure and discovery, which excites Drache and Saint, while Larke is the soft voice of reason.

It brings a smile to his face as he watches them from a distance. Perhaps his wife is off rebuilding more of their kingdom or tending to her people, giving the love that flows so infinitely from her tender heart. He doesn’t worry about her these days, or at least not as much as he used to. Her magic has given her the strength to give out all the little miracles she wanted to before and it pleases him to no end to see her so happy, so full of life again.

But their happiness always has an expiration date, doesn’t it?
    Their milk and honey life always seems to curdle at some point when it seems best.

He spots her because she is so brightly colored but his eyes linger on her scales for too long as he watches her. Suddenly, he misses his fangs. Vulgaris feels his heart quicken and his legs are moving before he has even thought to take a step. The hunger has left him but his need to keep his family safe still roars to life and floods him with adrenaline. Protect. Live.

Destroy?

No, no. No more destruction, he tells himself as he grits his teeth. He comes to a stop before her and he knows just who she is before she can speak. An awful, repulsive mistake given shape. Vulgaris knows the ravenous look in her eyes, knows it like that awful sickness still resides somewhere in him.

Why are you here?” he snaps, eyes narrowed and head lowered as he watches her.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Skaide] @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    Vulgaris, Leliana, anyone; - by Skaide - 08-22-2019, 03:26 PM
    RE: Vulgaris, Leliana, anyone; - by vulgaris - 08-22-2019, 04:07 PM
    RE: Vulgaris, Leliana, anyone; - by leliana - 08-22-2019, 05:03 PM
    RE: Vulgaris, Leliana, anyone; - by Skaide - 08-30-2019, 12:19 PM