• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Lepis] you just walk away from me
    The rumble of thunder had cut her trip short, and Lepis turned away from the grey sea and headed inland. Nearly halfway to their nest, Lepis sees the unexpected movement of another horse out in the rain, though he has managed to shelter beneath a tree. Lepis might have passed on by, but she realizes that the horse is a stranger, and so she turns from her path to come nearer. She pauses a few meters from the stallion, far enough to not be a threat but near enough that she might be heard over the patter of the rain. Drawn brows wrinkle the navy striping on the Comtesse’s face, and her blue-grey eyes are concerned.

“Can I...?” She begins, and then rethinks what she’d been about to do as she spoke. She does not broadcast much information about herself, and yet the dun mare had been about to press an emotion into the quivering grullo. She’d stopped just short (and he might feel the faintest echo of something foreign in his psyche). The mare’s nostrils flare wide for a moment, and she takes in the scent of the stranger and finds that he is not so strange after all.

Lepis does not know him, but he smells of the redwood forest and the redwood forest has smelled of him. This is the first time that Lepis has been able to put a face to the nameless stallion she has caught the scent of a few times. Her eyes narrow for just an instant, and then she continues her earlier train of thought with a casually neutral expression.

“Would you like some help with that?” Lepis asks him. “I can’t stop the rain, but I can make it feel better.” It’s a strange offer, but her tipped ears are swiveled forward, and there is an anticipation in her broad and somewhat friendly face. If he assents, he will feel the growing sensation of relaxation. If he does not – or if he does anything else – Lepis’ wings are held not-too close to her sides, the better to flare wide in flight or fight.

@[Thales]

Messages In This Thread
    [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Thales - 08-24-2019, 04:23 PM
    RE: [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Lepis - 08-24-2019, 05:19 PM
    RE: [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Lepis - 09-14-2019, 09:13 AM