• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  an adventure

i have loved the stars too fondly

Vita names her sister, and at this, Aedan finds himself a little surprised. Why though, he can’t say. There’s no reason to believe that the former Queen didn’t have siblings, but somehow he just assumed they would live in the same place. Again, why he thought this, he has no idea. His siblings are all older than they do as they wish, and perhaps one day he too would leave Tephra. It was home because his parents said it was home, and nothing more. Or maybe he stay, maybe it would become home for him. These seem like big decisions though, too big for him and certainly too big for now.

He’d rather explore, rather run from place to place and see the world (or at any rate, Beqanna, but that was the world to a boy). He’d rather meet pretty girls and chase fish away in clear blue ponds beneath a sunny sky.

“I know of your sister! I never met her, but she was Queen for a while, mostly before I was born.” He doesn’t know how long she ruled given that he hasn’t been alive for all that very long, and much of that time he didn’t even understand the concept of a Queen. He does now, of course, but she’d given the throne over to some new dude he also hadn’t met and didn’t much care to meet. This too seemed like a thing for being older, and he was definitely not older.

She mentions seeing her home at night, and he smiles at that and it’s almost as if his skin glows a little brighter. “I would like that,” he says, nodding to his own star splashed hide. “And I would like to show you Tephra, if you ever want to come.” He knows he has to leave soon. Eventually Mom would figure out he’d slipped away (again) so he should be back before she gets too worried. It seems like she should be used to his disappearing act, but she never seems to stop worrying. He has a few more minutes though.

to be fearful of the night

aedan

@[Vita]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    an adventure - by Aedan - 08-28-2019, 02:39 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Vita - 08-30-2019, 11:07 AM
    RE: an adventure - by Aedan - 09-09-2019, 12:26 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Vita - 09-09-2019, 03:15 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Aedan - 09-13-2019, 09:13 AM
    RE: an adventure - by Vita - 09-13-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Aedan - 09-28-2019, 10:14 AM