• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary
    My tongue clicked against the roof of my mouth a few times as I looked around. I got the feeling I had left the area I had originally landed in. Not as many flowers, more rocks. Goodie. I just love rocks. I kicked one, just to watch it clatter into a mostly leafless bush. Boring. I should have stayed in the dead flowers place, at least there was that weirdo little dragon girl to pester. This seemed pretty desolate so far, so disappointing. I was in the mood to wreck someone's day. 

The night dark shells of my feet clip againt short grasses as I wander deeper into this new realm, searching for some kind of life. A scrawny brown mouse scampered across my path, scrambling for cover. My foot shifted quickly, snagging the frantic creature's tail between my hoof and the earth. 

It was fascinating, watching it writhe and twist in desperation. My hoof ground down a little harder, making the mouse squeal. And then it was gone, dashing into the undergrowth with half its tail bloody and worm-like under my foot. I sighed, scrubbing the blood speckles off my hard foot in the grass. So much for that. Stupid thing got away. 

My ears twisted back at a sudden noise. Someone was approaching. I looked over my shoulder with eyes narrowed, tail flicking back and forth gently. If I needed to, I could always fly off, but this might be worth investigation. 

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary - by Rebelle - 08-29-2019, 09:22 AM