• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i heard there was a secret chord; ALL KINGDOM
    Brick 

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

It was all starting to come together for them. Like puzzle pieces eventually found their way to the right spot, so was the Gates and her subjects. Not only had they survived the last few years, but it seemed as if they were on track to thrive. New faces and new ideas, new magic and even playing fields. Beqanna had never been more alive, for not only in the Gates but everywhere it seemed. That was cause for celebration. For every wanderer who made their way to Beqanna came a chance to invite them to serve the Gates. For every one who entered the Gates, they grew in strength. True, they may not have been a mighty bunch in terms of army and training, but they all had their worth. Each member here was valued equally.

The gray king makes his way to the center of their kingdom, to the Mother Tree and her pool. At first it was disheartening when the Tree did not wave back at him, but it time he’s grown used to her stillness. Besides, they now had the beautiful waters, and near them the first promise of blooms and buds, despite them coming to the end of the autumn season. He admires them for but a moment, gifting them a smile before he places his nose into the air and calls loudly. His voice echoes off of the trees and the hills, reverberating through the trees who seem to enjoy their kings voice. It doesn’t take long before they start to appear; his Gates brothers and his Gates sisters, for he would never presume to call them subjects. He is no better than any of them, despite the crown that lay on his head. “Thank you for coming! To all of our old faces, hello. To the new faces, welcome!” he says kindly, his eyes sweeping over all of their faces in turn. “First off, Fiasko and I would like to congratulate Jason and Wichita for all their hard work recruiting and mingling. For a job well done, we think both of them deserve a promotion.” he says, nodding his head. “Secondly, kingdom visits. I think its high time we make some decisions regarding where we stand with everyone else. We’ve been quiet far too long; I feel as if we should put our faces out there, let the other kingdoms know that we haven’t died and shriveled on the branch. If anyone would like to volunteer, then please say so. For my part I’ll take the Chamber and the Deserts. Company is more than welcome.” Though their relationship with the Chamber made him somewhat uneasy, he couldn’t deny that they weren’t a good ally. They were powerful and strong, with a matching queen at their helm. “In closing, I’d just like to encourage everyone to keep up the good work! Things seem to be changing in Beqanna, and hopefully for the good. I’ve seen more and more new horses in the Field, all looking for a home. The Meadow is also a good resource; you never know who you may run into there and what they might have to say.” and with that he finished, waiting for questions, comments, and concerns, should any of those things arise.

M A S T

Messages In This Thread
    i heard there was a secret chord; ALL KINGDOM - by Mast - 07-22-2015, 11:22 PM