• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so you know i'm never comin' back; litotes/any

DAWN

it must be about as hard as forgetting your best friend

The odd little boy snaps reptilian teeth in her direction, and Dawn wonders briefly if it is a threat, but the cute head tilt after brings a smile to the golden woman’s face. He is just a child, newly born and clearly starving, and after seeing the state his mother was in, he certainly doesn’t know how to communicate like a horse just yet. He is clearly something other than entirely horse – the fangs and scales and talons speak to something more draconic – but she is not frightened by the child, merely curious as to how he came into existence. She has seen dragons before, and far worse than just a newborn desperate for a new meal.

She hears a familiar voice as the child curls into her shoulder, greedily sinking into her warmth. She turns her head to see Litotes, who is not as proud and haughty as she has come to expect to see him; something in him has changed, she can see, and it isn’t a pretty sight. He claims the boy as his and she nods – she had seen the galaxy swirling across his face and legs and had figured as much – then swallows, glancing back in the direction that the tiny hoofprints came from.

The boy pleads that he is hungry and Dawn looks to Lie again as he turns to face her, his voice heavy with resignation. “His mother is gone,” she murmurs, hopefully softly enough that the boy doesn’t pick up on the implication there. Looking back to the foal, she nods towards his fangs and talons. “And I’m not too sure he needs milk to survive on... something tells me he needs to hunt.” She is suddenly glad that her night with Valek hadn’t resulted in a child; clearly this boy needs someone, and here she is. “We could... take him hunting. I’d be glad to help teach him how.”

She runs her tongue down his back, cleaning blood from his scales as Lie cleans his face. The cremello whispers that his son is strange and Dawn chuckles, pulling the boy all the closer to her side. “A strong, strange boy,” she agrees with a smile. “He needs a name, Lie.”

@[litotes] @[ghaul]
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so you know i'm never comin' back; litotes/any - by Dawn - 09-09-2019, 10:09 PM