• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've been long gone, couldn't you tell, velkan

I’m not really sure what I’m doing when I’m being found because all thoughts completely evaporate out of my head when I hear the voice of a very beloved friend. Like the cool cat I am, I jump-start and whip my head around and every corner of my shadowy face lights up when I recognize the mare who comes to bump me on the shoulder, like she’s testing to see if I’m real. “Lilian!”

She steps back but I follow her, though there’s something in the back of my mind telling me I probably should have listened to her cues. But damn it, I want a hug. I’m careful about it and – obviously – if she dodged my attempt I  would let her. But if she didn’t then she got one scrawny neck draped across hers and I bump my muzzle against her neck as I do so. “I am very sorry that it took me so long to be in the right spot for you to find me.”

And I am, of course! If I had known she was looking for me I would have planted myself in one single spot and not moved from it until she found me again.

Which, you know, brings up the question of why she was looking for me. Still close to her I blurt out the questions bouncing around in my head. “Is everything okay? Or did you just miss my dazzling smile?” I nudge her once more with my muzzle before stepping back, allowing for some casual breathing room between us once again – and it gives me the chance to give her a quick glance over to see if she was okay.

Not that I could do anything but I am pretty aerodynamic since I don’t have any fat or muscles so I can rattle my way over to someone who could help. Or I can scream – I bet I’m a very good screamer.

photo from unsplash

@[lilian] TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA POST TONIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've been long gone, couldn't you tell, velkan - by Velkan - 09-20-2019, 07:20 PM