• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've been long gone, couldn't you tell, velkan

I press my muzzle into Lilian’s skin, but not too hard – worried that she slight point of my lips might hurt her. There aren’t enough words to tell her how much this hug means to me, how much her assurances really do soothe me. I cannot possibly tell her the sort of monsters I was born from and how she wouldn’t stand a chance, but the simple act of the offer means everything. “Thank you.”

I could have probably stood close to her forever, but there gets to be a certain point when it gets weird. So I step back a little, a light returning to those pitch black eyes of mine. I give her another small nudge when I speak again, so there’s no doubt about who I am referring to. “I don’t need her anyway, I’ve found a better family.”

And then, with a small laugh, the shadow completely passes from me.

Okay, not completely. But it fades away, chased by Lilian’s kindness and the memories of her bursting laughter just moments ago. I’d like to get back to that! Shall we?

“Look at me, being such a downer! How have you been? Tell me everything.” I toss her earlier words back at her with a wild, encouraging smile. I know it'll be okay if she has demons to speak of too - I'll keep her safe from hers now that I know she'll keep me safe from mine.

photo from unsplash

@[lilian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've been long gone, couldn't you tell, velkan - by Velkan - 11-04-2019, 08:46 PM