• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Fly Away Little Bird

She supposed that she appeared significantly younger than she actually was. Inherently innocent, she was not aware of the impact she had on those she happened upon. Beautiful, yes, she knew - but when it came to her age, she immediately hoped that she was older than she was. The stallion drank deep, his manner unhurried and relaxed. When he'd had his fill, he lifted his head just in time to the end of her words. Standing still, hooves sinking deeper into the slushy mud that resided at the lake's bank, she remained so even as he angled himself to better see her. His was the first face she'd met in that land, and the significance of that moment was not lost on her.

Admittedly, he was not at all what she had expected. Quite a bit older than she was, he had no discerning features to set him apart from any others. Towering over her, his coat is a bit thicker than hers, though his eyes are kind. Quietly he considers her question, which, of course, is meant to break the barrier between the strangers. Shyness is never something that she'd possessed and her natural inclination towards friendliness draws her to want to make friends wherever her feet happened to carry her. 

Finally, a smile touches his lips and her muscles relaxed. Demetyr never could be certain when entering an unfamiliar land what sort of people inhabited it. It was evident to her that this new face intended to do her no harm, and her smile widened.

His answer to her question is long and one that she considers carefully. Honestly, she is not certain what it is that she is in search of. All she knows is that she could not find it whilst she remained under her parents' supervision. She giggled at her own silliness for having asked a question without knowing what sort of answer she was hoping to receive. Batting her lashes she cast her eyes downward before lifting them to his once more.

"I admit that I do not really know," she confessed. "This is my first time on my own, and I am a bit overwhelmed by the vastness of this place..."

Tilting her head, she took a single step nearer to him. She wanted to trust him, to believe that maybe she would find what she was looking for in him? Could it be that her hopes and dreams would finally become a reality - and so soon after striking out on her own?

link

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    Fly Away Little Bird - by Demetyr - 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Aten - 09-06-2019, 07:47 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Demetyr - 09-06-2019, 10:09 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Aten - 09-09-2019, 02:51 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Demetyr - 09-20-2019, 02:58 PM