• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  to things new and wonderful
    V u l g a r i S
    Vulgaris didn’t mind the way his wife’s flowers and plants were slowly taking over their home. Slowly, the vibrant green leaves cover another inch of volcanic ash and breathe new life into Tephra. Their reach gets a little farther every time he stops to look and he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t fond of the red flowers. They match the blooms in Leliana’s hair and he feels at home each time he stops to admire them. A slow, dreamy sigh leaves his lips as he stands amongst the dahlias and the elephant ears. He doesn’t know the names for these, of course, but he recognizes them.

He lifts his head to watch the plant woman as she approaches and he briefly wonders if this is some accident of Leli’s magic. Certainly, she had poured enough life into Tephra to sustain an entirely new being, but he hadn’t expected it. Vulgaris tilts his head and stares longer than he means to, ears pointed forward as he watches the leaves across her back changing to mimic the plants around them. Perhaps she’s only like his wife rather than some creation born by accident? Her magic is similar but it doesn’t carry the same feel to it, he thinks.

The serpent king moves forward, careful to wade between the plants so as not to bend a stalk or break any of their thick stems. “You fit right in! Now if only I could do the same,” he says, a short laugh following his words until the sound fades into a pleasant smile on his face. He’s handsome without the scales and fangs, he thinks, but his wife would say he has always looked this nice. She sees the sun behind every dark cloud and he’s thankful to slowly learn just how to do the same.

My name is Vulgaris. Are you new to the gardens?

He calls the kingdom a garden as a joke but it becomes more of a truth every time he turns around. That isn’t to say he dislikes it, of course, but he’s pleased to see a kingdom born in fire suddenly engulfed with green and life. It feels like a giant metaphor for his life and his family and maybe that’s why he wants to keep it safe. Slowly, the members are becoming dear to his heart, and he’s pleased to find himself softening around the edges with each new addition.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Isilya]

Messages In This Thread
    to things new and wonderful - by Isilya - 09-08-2019, 04:11 PM
    RE: to things new and wonderful - by vulgaris - 09-10-2019, 08:16 PM
    RE: to things new and wonderful - by Isilya - 09-19-2019, 09:26 AM
    RE: to things new and wonderful - by vulgaris - 10-02-2019, 09:13 PM
    RE: to things new and wonderful - by Isilya - 10-18-2019, 09:28 AM