• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris||

I've never loved a darker blue than the darkness I have known in you

Although the war stands out in stark contrast in her memory, there is still so much of it that doesn’t make sense to Leliana. There are fragmented pieces of her mind that refuse to press together. Pieces of her memory that remain shattered and out of touch. Reach as she might for them, they simply drift further and further away. Her mind had been so consumed by magic during those months that she feels like she can only see her memories as if through a veil, as if looking at it underwater, her vision blurry.

Still, she recognizes the woman on the border—even if the edges of her grow fuzzy.

She no longer weighs the crown and feels the deep relief of it, but that has not stopped her from caring about the land and its residents. She still feels that gut-deep need to protect and welcome so when she sees her husband greeting Mary, it does not take long for her to join them. She walks up, the red flowers blooming in her mane matching the flowers that bloom beneath her feet as she makes her way. She has been concerned about regrowing Tephra ever since the war, but soon she will need to stop with the constant flow of magic of Tephra will overflow with the flowers and the frond.

The thought makes her smile.

Without hesitation, Leliana drops her crimson mouth to Vulgaris’ shoulder, sweeping a kiss over the broad expanse of muscle before lifting her hazel eyes to the visitor. “Mary, how pleasant to see you.” If her magic buzzes slightly in discomfort, reacting to the mare’s distrust of her, she doesn’t notice. “The crown does look fine on him, does it not?” She smiles up at the gray stallion by his side. “He wears it well.”

Then a pause as she thinks.

“Would you like to come further in? We have more comfortable places to rest and converse.”

like fire weeping from a cedar tree, know that my love would burn with me

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by Mary - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by vulgaris - 09-10-2019, 08:29 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by Mary - 09-11-2019, 11:53 AM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by leliana - 09-12-2019, 09:37 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 11:44 AM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by Mary - 09-19-2019, 11:53 AM