• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris||
    V u l g a r i S
    He watches her, green eyes glimmering with some awful brand of delight when she denies him any valuable information. Does the rest of Loess lack any sort of faith in him as she does? He wonders but he does not ask. Perhaps he would have to make a visit to his old home and forge the bond between them anew. It would be nice to return there after being gone for so very long, he thinks, but then she’s speaking and he’s drawn back to the moment at hand once more.

How kind of you to say, Mary. Dying hadn’t been the most pleasurable experience so I intend not to do that again,” he says, the corners of his lips smiling upward even before Leliana touches his shoulder. He turns his gray head and bumps her cheek with his nose before turning back to Mary. His cheeks grow warm with her compliments and he casts a sideways glance in her direction with a short snort. Vulgaris has never been accustomed to being the center of attention and it feels odd but he smiles all the same.

Tephra grows more with each new day. Our children are strong and beautiful, and our people are safe,” he says as he leans lightly against his wife, eyes trained on Mary. “Does Loess wish to forge an alliance with us now that we’ve so quickly recovered from our war? We’re the largest two kingdoms, after all.

Would he accept if Castile offered some sort of agreement between the two? The people of Tephra lack the voracity of the Loessians but they make up for it with raw might, he thinks. They are a hive of hornets that swarm when bothered and remain content amongst themselves otherwise. Vulgaris turns and begins to walk further into Tephra after Leliana offers up her invitation as he tires of the border between the tropical kingdom and the eternal forest. He assumes Mary will follow and discuss the topic at hand a little more.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by Mary - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by vulgaris - 09-10-2019, 08:29 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by Mary - 09-11-2019, 11:53 AM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by leliana - 09-12-2019, 09:37 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 11:44 AM
    RE: Long May She Reign ||Vulgaris|| - by Mary - 09-19-2019, 11:53 AM