• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

then you're left in the dust, bru pony
    The stranger's rueful reaction to being caught in what seemed to be an ill fated experiment brought a sympathetic smile to the nereid's lips. As at home as she was in the water, this girl seemed like she'd be far more comfortable in a volcano or bone dry desert. However, she was never one to discourage trying new things. 

Swimming was as natural as breathing to the nereid, and it had taken a while for her to realize that not all horses were as suited to it as she and her family. The water was where she belonged, just as her winged friends belonged to the sky, and the warmly coated ones belonged to their icy domain. She had met such a wide variety of equids in her travels, and had found something to love about all of them. 

"Well if you ever want lessons, I'd be happy to assist." She offered with a warm smile. If there was one thing she was good at, it was swimming. "I live in Ischia, it's pretty much all beaches there." Her tail flipped happily as she thought of her beautiful, warm home. And while this fiery girl might not be so adapted to the oceanic aspect of the islands, she figured you'd have to be made of stone to not enjoy the land itself. 

Upon hearing the glittering girl's introduction, the nereid couldn't help but laugh. The mirth bubbled up from her belly and danced out in joy. "Oh my. Both of our parents must have a talent for getting things on the nose. My name is Aquaria." She giggled, eyes bright. Polar opposites, right down to their names, yet the sea horse felt the giddy sensation of kinship with the winged girl. Ember and Aquaria, with nothing but scales and a sense of humor between them. 

@[Ember]

Messages In This Thread
    then you're left in the dust, bru pony - by Ember - 09-09-2019, 11:14 PM
    RE: then you're left in the dust, bru pony - by Aquaria - 11-23-2019, 10:51 AM