• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we are not the end; larke
    V u l g a r i S
    He doesn’t like this – his daughters and sons growing older and leaving the nest for lives of their own. But at least Larke listens when he offers advice and she doesn’t mind that he still kisses her forehead like he did the day she was born. She’s infinitely more patient than her twin and more cautious than all her sisters without bordering on paranoid. The temper that runs rampant in their blood is even quieted in her veins. It pains him to walk her to Ischia, to a new home, but he could never imagine sending her off to a new home without chaperoning her.

Vulgaris walks carefully over the sand as the waters recede for the low ride. The water is ice cold against his ankles and he snorts softly, pauses when he first enters the gleaming ocean waves. Ischia is one of the closest regions to Tephra and not so different that it would be alien to her, otherwise he might have chosen somewhere easier to access. Chronos follows them at a distance after not being invited along and the gray king can see him sulking behind them. The serpent boy pretends this is not pouting and that he is not lost without his sister. It summons a gentle laugh that Vulgaris is quick to bite back.

Does Chronos plan to stay here with you?” he asks, wading through the gentle waves as he glances at her curiously. His firstborn son with Leliana does not open up so readily to anyone, he knows, but perhaps he’s spoken of his plans with Larke. They seem to share everything with one another despite being polar opposites. It warms his heart to know their bond is strong enough to tear down her brother’s stubborn ways and expose the gentle core of him, but he supposes his daughter is just like her mother in that way. Leli could charm the venom from any snake and have a tiger napping in her lap like a kitten if she really wanted.

If you ever miss home, we’re just a short walk from here,” he says, and his tone is hopeful. Mostly he tries to remind himself that she’s really not so far away; it only feels like it.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[larke]

Messages In This Thread
    we are not the end; larke - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 12:01 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by larke - 09-18-2019, 02:58 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by larke - 09-18-2019, 04:50 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 05:08 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by larke - 09-18-2019, 05:17 PM