• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we are not the end; larke
    V u l g a r i S
    He had dreamed of keeping all his children safe within the borders of Tephra and he came so close to realizing that goal. It’s almost funny that he is dismantling that dream now and sending Larke to Ischia, when the only child he’s missing is Adna. Having all but one child at home with them for a year has filled him with joy, though, and he’s realized how much Sabbath has grown by being on her own. He sees how brave and bold Chronos is with each new adventure he takes off on and he realizes the others need the same. They can’t remain within their comfort zone, safe beneath their parents’ watchful gaze forever or they’ll never bloom.

Vulgaris steps up onto the shore and pauses long enough for Chronos to join them, though he keeps a few feet of distance still. The boy stares off at the island and a gull crying out overhead but he does not say anything when Larke speaks. Vul laughs softly when he sees his ear swivel to catch his sister’s words, though, and he doesn’t turn back toward Tephra. Perhaps he will come to roost here when his journeys leave him weary.

I haven’t told your mother about any of this. I don’t want her crying over any goodbyes when you’re just next door,” he says with another gentle chuckle. The expression is a little uncomfortable, though, and it’s evident he isn’t fond of this either. “Since I met your mother, I have tried to build a life where I could give you and your brothers and sisters anything you could ever want. I haven’t always done my best, but I think we’re getting there now.

He steps a little closer to Larke and brushes the forelock from her face in a gentle kiss. All of his daughters are beautiful and yet they’ve all grown up so shy, he thinks. The boys don’t seem to care one way or the other in regards to their own looks.

I want you and Chronos to live here in Ischia, where I can still keep you safe but you have room to grow into your own person,” he explains as he glances at her brother, who turns abruptly from them as though he was not listening or watching them. Still, he edges closer so his hip lightly touches hers. They have always called Tephra home and he knows he would not stay here without Larke by his side.

But what do you think? Is this where you want live?
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[larke]

Messages In This Thread
    we are not the end; larke - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 12:01 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by larke - 09-18-2019, 02:58 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by larke - 09-18-2019, 04:50 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by vulgaris - 09-18-2019, 05:08 PM
    RE: we are not the end; larke - by larke - 09-18-2019, 05:17 PM