• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on the wings of valkyries - ALL ARMY
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Lagertha waits. It shouldn’t take too long for everyone who is still interested to assemble. There are a few marked absences, of course - Malka, for one, who will be stripped of her rank, and Nyryn and Vyx, whom she had recruited. Oh well. She’s learned over the years to not get her hopes up regarding recruits until they’ve been around for awhile. Even then, some of the older sisters were prone to vanishing, just like Pomona and Prague. She cannot feel the shame, per se, that rolls of Pomona, but the mare seems sheepish when she follows Lagertha to the meeting. Which is odd, she thinks, for the gray warrior has never chastised her sister. If anything, she has encouraged Pomona to learn to defend herself and to use those unique wings of hers as more than wings, if need be. Diplomats usually traveled safely in Beqanna, but danger still lurked around every other tree. Lagertha offers her as kind a smile as she can, which is rare, saying, “Sometimes we must be warriors of the heart, if not the hoof. Do not be ashamed or discouraged about your nature. If Scorch takes you up on your offer, then use your wings to protect the Falls, if need be. Remember what we practiced, Pomona.”

It is about as motherly as she gets, and Lagertha quickly turns to the next arriving sister. To her great surprise, it is Prague. Last she had seen the mare, she had been in silver lioness form and the two had been at the very beginning of plotting something… She stares (mostly in surprise) at the lighter gray mare and swallows, confused by the other’s forgetfulness. “Prague. You know me... I’m Lagertha. You disappeared about ten years ago, right after we were talking about…” she trails off, unwilling to say just exactly what they were discussing. Overthrowing Scorch, she thinks instead, hoping the magician will be able to pick up on the need for secrecy and discretion. “Anyway. If you find you need a complete refresher, you can mock with one of the younger sisters, or with me.”

She nods to Lyris and the two youngsters, Nayl and Valkerine. Nayl she’d met, and had a feeling she was a fellow ambitious young lady. Valkerine, however, is completely new, and so Lagertha flashes her a quick, tight-lipped grin and nod. She waits a few more minutes, for any stragglers, but it seems like this is it. This is the great Amazonian Army. While the iron lady isn’t surprised that so few show up, she finds it encouraging that younger members are present. “Everyone will be starting again from the first rank except Lyris, who has a promotion. As I said before, I am looking for someone else to earn the second pair of wings, and once Lyris has control of her weather flight, she will pass on her wings as well. The more we have in our air force, the better. Whomever become head of the Air Force will be my second-in-command and have sole direction of that force should we ever go into battle.” If only they had more who were born with wings. Those individuals were lucky enough to learn it from foalhood. The rest of them had a more awkward and probably more terrifying trial and error period.

“As for mocks - Nayl and Valkerine, you two practice together. So Prague, you work with Lyris. If you have traits, feel free to use them, or not, it’s up to you. But remember that in battle, everyone will use what they have to their advantage.We need to be able to both trust and challenge each other. I hope to be able to work as a team, eventually. With the magic prohibitions removed from half of the kingdoms, we no longer have a distinct advantage.”

Lagertha pauses, the base of her new horns itching again. Fucking things were going to eventually be useful, but right now, the growth was slightly annoying. “And if any of you would like to mock with me, I’m happy to do that as well. And just for shits and giggles, I’d like everyone to try a steal. Ok… any questions?” The General’s dark eyes find each sister in turn, stern because that’s the way Lagertha simply is, and yet open, because she had some genuine hope that these ladies would not disappear. And if they did, that it would not be for too long.

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on the wings of valkyries - ALL ARMY - by Lagertha - 07-31-2015, 07:30 AM