• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i said i'm sorry mama for my vices; leli/any
    {maleficar}
    My corrupt nature is empty of grace.
    He listens quietly as she explains that she used to think death would come knocking for her eventually. Had he ever felt that way? The tall boy thinks for a moment but the thought had never even occurred to him, even before he knew how to bend his craft according to his will. Something in his heart always knew it would be eternal, or at least until the end of time came for the magicians and the witches alike. But who knows how long that will be? He’s pulled from these thoughts when she says she managed to tear two souls from the afterlife. To tangle herself with such a messy sort of magic seems too dangerous to him.

Perhaps. But maybe it wasn’t their time, and you acted on behalf of Fate? She seems to keep the interesting ones around a little longer than most,” he says with another shrug. He would have to collect little bird and rat bones to divine any sort of answer, but even that would be murky at best.

He watches her when she explains how time has healed her wounds and taught her to control her own magic. Maleficar doesn’t wield the same kind of strength she does but he imagines how hard hers can be without spells or potions to channel her might. How does she even begin to conjure anything at all, he wonders? The witch blinks, eyes a little wider at her question, as he realizes he has no earthly idea. His heart has always been nomadic and eager to explore the world but perhaps it could find a place to lay its roots for once.

This is actually the first land I’ve ever stayed in for more than a night, I think,” he explains, laughing gently at his embarrassment. “If you all wouldn’t mind, I think I’d like to stay here for a while. I would be happy to complete any work that needs done.

His amber eyes watch her hopefully, the corners of his lips turned up in a faint smile.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i said i'm sorry mama for my vices; leli/any - by Maleficar - 09-19-2019, 10:39 PM