• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising
    A grim look and strong impression is what he’s given by way of welcome. No curiously warm smile or characteristic teasing this time from his wife; the well of patience had apparently run dry in his absence. He’s foolish and fool hearted to expect otherwise and yet a stinging nettle of annoyance flares up in his gut at her sharp tone. By all means Wolfbane should be humble - he was at fault - and yet he can’t help the indignant sneer that twists his lips into a sullen, sour frown when he questions, “My son? Are you sure?” Then, “He looks small, too young for the season.”

One whole breath of a sentence in and Bane seemed to be making a complete asshat of himself effortlessly. He knew the accusation was entirely fabricated but he felt like pushing the issue anyways. Anything to further the discussion from his own guilt and failure as a spouse.

“I’ve been out looking for our daughter Eyas - remember her? What’ve you been up to in the meantime, hmm?” He demanded to know, struggling to maintain a sense of composure against his rising irritation. The edge in his voice changed his face to sharp, visceral edges and dark shadows. His mask tinted itself and faded to near black, a visual representation of the anger boiling up to the surface.

Stop, he warned himself. Or rather, the parts of him that recognized Lepis as their partner (not their enemy) warned. Bane grit his teeth and tried - tried - to stifle a few more sharp remarks before they escaped past his lips with an audible hiss.

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 10-02-2019, 04:03 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Wolfbane - 10-10-2019, 01:11 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Lepis - 10-10-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Wolfbane - 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by elio - 10-10-2019, 05:42 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Lepis - 10-11-2019, 01:12 AM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Wolfbane - 10-12-2019, 07:46 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by elio - 10-14-2019, 10:56 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 10-15-2019, 01:35 AM