• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; any
    An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

”I am,” her voice is glazed by the subtle envy that although she is of dragon blood, she has only eyes to show it. Here, a relative stands in front of her, proud in her draconic ice while her brothers soar high above in their reptilian bodies. While Cyprin revels in the power that she beckons to her will, there is still a heaviness in her breath at having been deprived of so much that her family is trademarked. Of course, she still smiles. Warmth still exudes from her because the girl is family, a dragon that continues their bloodlines instead of opposing it. Another friend, she muses with a bright twinkle in her eyes.

Shifting her attention away from Dracarys’ wings, Cyprin more closely searches the wonderment of her gaze as she swan dives jubilantly into the description of the Mountain. The excitement is contagious, blooming in Cyprin’s breast as she listens and drinks in the information that sweetened nectar. ”It sounds magical!” She swoons with a dreamy tone while tilting her head to stare at the looming summit far in the distance. ”Maybe you can show me some time!” It would be nice not to be alone, to have a friend at her side during such a perilous adventure.

But to what purpose would they go? And would Dracarys even want to return when she has already gained such beautiful additions?

Cyprin’s gaze narrows on the harrowing trails that lead toward the Mountain. Her mind sinks its claws into the visual, pulling the intricate twists and turns into the chasms of her memory to safely keep. For miles ahead, she can see the obstacles and the tedious trails. There is so much to experience, but it will all be for another day.

A day when she can comfortably leave Loess and wander.

Her response comes quickly, almost unbidden, to her lips like she was expecting the rebuttal. ”My entire life,” she is proud to be here, to have been born and raised in the rocky hills and mountains of Loess. Pivoting, Cyprin directs Dracarys’ eyes toward the easternmost peaks, tilting her chin up. ”There. Tucked in those mountains is a cave that my brother Castile found and deepened for us. A dragon’s den for the family,” her heart soars to think of mother and father in there, coddling her since her very first breath. ”If you ever need shelter, or want to meet more of the family, we are often up there. It’s in this poorly timed moment, however, that Cyprin realizes she opens the gate to a family member that she hasn’t yet confirmed. Licking her lips, she traces the edges of Dracarys’ face. ”I know you are dragon blood… but by whom? I would like to know how close we are,” a honeyed smile amplifies Cyprin’s natural beauty, her silky forelock sliding to frame. ”I know you are not a sister, but…” she trails off in her mind’s reeling for answers. 

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

@[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Cyprin - 10-10-2019, 09:05 AM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 10-11-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Cyprin - 11-05-2019, 03:57 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM