• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity; kensley

carried by the current of the morning
    miles below the surface of the dawn

She expects him to be angry at the way she heals without asking.

She expects him to be furious for her lack of boundaries and she braces herself for it, but instead he gives a shake of the head and a weary thank you. It baffles her just a little and that confusion shows on her delicate features, wrapping around the thin edges of it like filagree before melting before the kindness.

“You are welcome,” she manages, and she takes a step forward almost without realizing and then, catching herself, she pauses. She thinks that if her brother was here, it would be easier. Chronos always seemed to know what to say in situations like this and she had become accustomed to riding his coattails in social settings. It was easy to be the quiet twin when you had someone to carry the conversation.

But Kensley does not bear the burden and she cannot escape the weight of it.

So they remain trapped in this moment, and she becomes buried by it.

Except she remembers that he had said he had lived in the Chamber and it snags the corner of her mind. It catches her attention and she walks back to it. “What was the Chamber like?” She asks suddenly, studying  his face as if she could find some of the answer there. “My mother said our relatives used to live there.”

this is not the place that I was born in
    but it doesn't mean it's not the place where I belong

larke

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity; kensley - by larke - 10-13-2019, 07:56 PM