• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm just here to fight the fire, plumeria
    At first she cannot begin to fathom what could have struck down her sweet Kensley like this. She can’t wrap her mind around there being something so tragic and terrible that he would fall apart at her feet, but she knows that if such a thing exists, she is afraid of what it might be. She is afraid, because if it can break him, she is sure it can break her, too, and she isn’t sure how much more she can take. Her heart is a spider web of hairline fractures, and she is waiting for the day that something sends it shattering.

It won’t take much, of that she is certain.

His head rests against her knee, and her lips continue to trace the familiar curve of his face, gently brushing away the tears. And then he says Keiran’s name, and almost immediately, that fractured heart of hers stops. “Keiran?” She repeats her daughter’s name, and the way she says it sounds so innocent, almost naive, as if there could be some other reason that he was bringing her up. Keiran, her pretty copper colored girl who had looked so much like herself. Keiran, who had inherited all of her sweetness and happiness and somehow managed to avoid all the heartaches and hardships that had gradually dulled her own shine.

Keiran was suppose to everything she could never be, and Plumeria had always held a secret hope that she had succeeded.

“She can’t be gone,” her voice is but a whisper now, and she doesn’t realize that she has pulled her face away from his so that her dark, watery brown eyes could search his. “That isn’t possible, Kensley. She’s…” She’s immortal, is what she means to say, but there is a hard ache lodged in her throat, the kind that promises to dissolve into tears. “What happened?” She manages to gasp between the pain in her throat, and the tears finally escape down her face.

P L U M E R I A
    the fight for you
    is all I’ve ever known

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm just here to fight the fire, plumeria - by Plumeria - 10-25-2019, 02:28 AM