• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

waving flags and waging wars, altissimma

Altissima had been perfectly content practicing the use of the nightvision qualities of her eyes – a feature she had accidentally shut off and was trying to re-activate in the shadows of the night – when a blast of light blinded her. She hissed, her wings flaring out from where they had been invisible at her sides a moment ago as she whipped around, those strange eyes of hers trying to adjust.

A voice reaches her, and she can tell someone is there. She thinks she recognizes the voice, but it hardly matters at the moment – her annoyance is enough for her to bite back “I’m glad I made such a lasting impression.” Altissima comments dryly. But then, just as she is adjusting to the light, they are plunged back into darkness again. She finds that she resents the darkness a little bit, at least now in contrast with the bright light of moments before, and she reaches out with her own, less impressive, magic to give herself a soft glow that illuminates the space immediately around her.

Her reptile-like eyes shift as well, gleaming with a pale silver. She’s a small satellite of the moon, silvery and pale – but, she thinks to herself, just as pretty as the girl standing before her. Now she more fully recognizes who this is – and recognizes the magic, too – it was the same light that had drawn her over the last time they had met.

But, now that she is more comfortable, her annoyance settles and she knows she’ll answer the question posed – it tickles at her back like a bramble to ignore it. “We met in the playground, your sister was there as well and a boy.” She cannot remember the boy’s name – but she remembers being fascinated by this filly and she’s rather annoyed at herself for still being fascinated. Considering this girl did not recognize Altissima on sight (not to mention the whole 'blinding light' thing her head was still rocking from), the blue-tinted filly isn’t so sure that the light-wielding girl is worthy of her reverence.

“I don’t know if we got to introductions though. I’m Altissima.” A small pause. “Or Tissy.” She adds, belatedly remembering the nickname that Lala had given her.

image by Reitiro

@[karina]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: waving flags and waging wars, altissimma - by Altissima - 10-18-2019, 08:27 PM