• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // ratty pony
    Who is she?

Popinjay stills, but only for a moment. Almost everybody in Taiga knows who she is, and everybody she's met outside of Taiga has not cared, so the idea that she would have to introduce herself, that it is expected and normal and the fact that she hasn't might be considered rude has not even occurred to her. And, truth be told, it still hasn't. Not really, not in a meaningful way. Curious dark eyes find the finned mare's own and stop there, the train of her thought switching tracks immediately and without a logical transition. 

"Oh, I like your eyes!" They remind her of Lethy's eyes, purple and bright. She grins her wild grin and tears her muzzle away from the pale mare to play in the water, wiggling her outstretched upper lip so that it splashes softly in the shining current where they stand. Not far away, silver minnows dart between the rocks, avoiding the larger predators that stalk the waterway, the sunfish and turtles and trout. She wonders...

"Since you're part fish, can you talk to them? My name is Popinjay, but I'm not actually part bird. I talk to them sometimes, but they don't ever talk back."

She thinks this might be something worth rectifying at some point, but she has not really decided how. Lethy had told her stories of Fairies and Mountains, but she has not tried to go there, and while she is convinced now that her recent travels have been magical, they were certainly not on a mountaintop. She lifts her head, turning her gaze from the fish to the peak that is not so distant today. From Taiga you can't ever really see it, as much for the trees as the distance. The skin on her flanks burns with the memory, but it is not too bad and the only tell that anything is amiss is her left ear twisting back towards the sores. She remembers what the other mare had said earlier.

"Did I fall out of the sky? I bet that looked funny. It felt funny, we were running across a beach of white sand and then I was here instead. I hope Voracious is okay. Do you-- you probably don't know him. That's kind of a weird name, Voracious. Is your name weird? I know! You tell me what your names is, and I'll let you know if it's weird."

Popinjay
    She was not quite what you would call refined

@[Aquaria] oh my weird little duckling

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // ratty pony - by Popinjay - 11-04-2019, 09:05 PM