• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // ratty pony
    She was starting to have to work at keeping up with the girl, her eyes tracking every shift in the girl's thoughts. They flickered across her face in a kaleidoscope of emotion. It was dizzying, and yet the sea mare found herself smiling. Never before had she met a horse so absolutely filled with life. Not even hey little niece had quite as much vim and vigor as the bright filly currently flipping through topics. 

"Thank you. And er, no. Well I do talk to them, but they don't usually talk back." She paused, making sure she'd caught the girl's name in all the words that had preceded it. Popinjay. What an absolutely fitting name for the sprightly thing. 

She also remembered something that the filly, Popinjay, would probably appreciate. "You know, my home has birds that do talk back. Flocks of parrots, they're as brightly colored as butterflies and they are very talented mimics." The parrots had taken her some getting used to when she'd first returned to the island, but now she thought of the chattering things as fondly as the fishes in her coral garden. 

And then Popinjay's thoughts seemed to track in a different direction entirely, to the place she had so recently arrived from. The story behind her ragged appearance was coming out in bits and pieces, forming a puzzle that still didn't quite make sense. What on earth was a Voracious? 

"I've never met anyone named Voracious. Is that who got you burned?" She asked, then shook her head, dismissing her own thoughts. Why would the girl be worried about some thing or some one who had hurt her? Instead she smiled again, and tossed her flippy membranous mane to snap smartly. "Well anyway, my name is Aquaria, of Ischia. Is that a strange one?" She asked, wondering just exactly how the moniker would be interpreted. 

@[Popinjay]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // ratty pony - by Aquaria - 11-06-2019, 10:39 AM