• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

our hearts know deeper seasons than our memories; ALL
    V u l g a r i S
    He knows very little of his traveling companion and he doesn’t seem keen to share details of himself as they walk in silence. He hears the tall witch chuckle at the sand caught in the feathering around his hooves but he makes no comment of it. Maleficar seems to enjoy the way the waves try to sway him left and right with each step but Vulgaris is focused entirely on the destination ahead of them. His daughter is taking her first steps as a leader and he’s eager to observe them, just as he was the day she was born. It warms his heart to see her grow up, even if it is bittersweet.

The serpent king keeps his distance at first, watching her with his brow furrowing in concern as she speaks. Territory? He casts his sage green gaze over to Maleficar, who only shrugs in response. But then Eva speaks and his smile fades to a disappointed frown. Somehow, he knew things would not go according to plan, but he sits back long enough to watch events unfold a little longer. His daughter had trusted the people of Ischia and tried to make her own decisions, but it had come to bite her. He wishes she would have asked for his council before proceeding.

He laughs when they begin to call for a vote and he steps forward at last, the black witch lingering back to only observe. Mal chews at the inside of his lip and maintains his silence.

Larke, you are my kindest child, and that is precisely why I want you to be my heir. But your heart gives its trust freely,” he says, kissing her brow softly. “One day, when you are queen, your herdlands may try to become a territory as well. But they must ask for your blessing first.

He pauses, hoping she understands her mistake while he keeps his expression kind and patient for her. She wanted to give them a chance and he loved her for it, truthfully. Then, he turns to look at the Ischians and his face grows stern, carved from stone with little to offer them.

Your request to become a territory is heard, and it is denied. Your request for a vote of leadership is also heard, and likewise denied. Larke will remain sole leader of Ischia. Now, there will be no second in command. There will only be subjects,” he says before casting his gaze back to Maleficar. But the witch only shrugs once more, content to not see violence break out.

Consider this a warning. Larke is young, beautiful, and kind. Her rule here will be delightful. Try to take advantage of her again and your next ruler will be the opposite.

He knows trouble is brewing on the horizon and he would prefer not to add fuel to the fire. They will have to be united to face the storm that is to come.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me

Messages In This Thread
    RE: our hearts know deeper seasons than our memories; ALL - by vulgaris - 10-21-2019, 06:28 PM