• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul

do you think God stays in his heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he has created?

He watches as the blur of his brother moves, his ears flattening and his tail twitching. The boy is unable to see Darkling’s hard work as the shadows slowly writhe into some intelligent shape that mimics the fledgling. There is an odd sound to it, though, and he tilts his head curiously as he listens to its dark claws dragging next to the marks he left moments ago. Yet, when he tries to turn his head to observe the source of the noise, there is only the same blur of the wall behind the clone. A strange growl forms in his throat and he finds himself drawing a slow breath through his nostrils. With a quick exhale, he sends a small plume of fire in the shadow’s direction in the hopes of catching the strange thing on fire. He can always see things better when they’re burning, he thinks.

I am Ghaul!” he insists, small teeth gnashing in annoyance. The small boy takes a step forward and sniffs at his brother curiously, now inches from his shadow copy without realizing it. The strange thing gives off no warmth and no scent by which he may track it.

Darkling. You are…” he trails off, lacking the words to describe his emotions properly for now. Instead, he makes a disgusting hacking noise as though he has phlegm stuck in his throat. But as is customary, he closes the distance between them and traces his brother’s face – or what he can reach of it – with his nose so that he might memorize his appearance. This one smells a bit like their father but he isn’t sure if that’s because of where they live or if there is in fact some relation there. Were he not blind as could be, he would see their resemblance rather easily.

Satisfied, he retracts his head and offers a snort, much as a dog does once it is satisfied by someone’s scent and wishes to deescalate a situation. His wings finally fold across his small back as he seems to consider Darkling for a moment, though it’s hard to tell without any eyes narrowed in suspicion or observation.

We are.. friends?” he finally asks with another tilt of his small head.

ghaul

@[Darkling] is now his friend whom he may nibble on while darkling is asleep

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul - by ghaul - 11-20-2019, 12:08 AM