• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana)
    As the ragged girl spoke, Tana found himself pondering what circumstances might have lead her here. He could see no evidence of broken bones or infection, no outward signs of injury that may have stranded the little pegasus here. If it was by intention that she was here on her own, she seemed to have underestimated the work required to survive without allies. 

He blinked impassively as she spoke, seeming to recover somewhat now that he was in the open. The half-frantic sound of her laughter made him tip his ears, uncertain at the pitch of her mirth. Whatever was funny, the frost tinged stallion seemed to have missed it. 

After a moment, he realized the staccato patter of her words were done for the meantime. He didn't mind listening, she seemed to need the interaction quite badly. But it had clearly come to his turn in the conversation. A toothy smile tipped up the corners of his mouth as he spoke. 

"You could say that. They're mine while I walk in them, anyway. Thinking of moving on soon, before the cold sets in. Have you got any place to go to before then?" The smoky rasp of his voice fell like velvet on the air, soft and encompassing. Her first words, the suggestion that she couldn't be trusted, played at the forefront of his mind. 

How rare was it that someone could admit that about themselves. So rare, in fact, that he figured it likely wasn't true. Those who claimed goodness to any and all who would listen didn't tend to live up to the claim. Just as those who denied any good in themselves seemed more likely to be genuinely good souls. Going by that paradox, he figured she was probably one of the better sorts that roamed the land these days. Skittish, hungry and worn, but not intrinsicly malicious. 

He nodded in the direction she'd seemingly been going prior his own approach. The full scent of late season herbage filtered from there, and while it wasn't the meat he'd originally been after, it would still do. More to the point, it would do much more for this waif he'd come across. He was hungry. She was starving. 

"Deer will keep. There's pasture down there, if you'd like to join me." He hesitated before making an additional offer. "If you need help, protection, there are few who would choose to cross me. I would be willing to accompany you wherever you need to go to be safe." He shuffled his wings, unsure how his suggestion would be received. Only that he didn't feel right to leave her alone. He had stopped when he'd seen his quarry to be a horse. There were many who would not hesitate to take advantage of a singular mare who seemed to lack the strength to defend herself. 

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Bruja Pony) - by Santana - 10-21-2019, 02:58 PM