• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Neverwhere)
    Yes, they are all hypocrites. Every single one of them. Jesper, her father and mother, Neverwhere… Heartfire even. Eyas probably was the worst of them, hating her powers and using them the way she did. The way Neverwhere rightfully accused her of doing. But she can’t stop and, irritatingly, she won’t stop. No one but a magician could keep her at bay - even then they have a hard time expecting the unexpected or preparing for what Eyas brings to the table. Her existence is hypocrisy itself: outwardly Eyas desires to be good and wholesome, to use her powers for good and the likes of the righteous, but inwardly she finds that it often leads her to dark places and even darker realizations. It led her to try and commit suicide by starvation, only to slap her in the face with the reality of her own inability to die.

She is a mess, and her current state of appearance reflects this so others will see it too. A personal choice for a personal vendetta.

She’d never expected the blind to see so clearly. “Oh! Wolfbane will be the least of our problems, I can promise you that.” Eyas cloudy mood breaks at the mention of her father. Neverwhere had met him then. Good. One less thing to explain or, uh, lie about. “That greedy little pissant is terrified of offending Heartfire, and even more terrified of me.” The earlier juxtaposition of her happiness and sadness forgotten with the way Never seems to degrade her father. All is forgiven if the Nerinian mare hates him more than Eyas does. “All the same, I think you’re right; best to avoid him at all possible costs. Shame you can’t fly…”

From one disgusting outcast to another, Eyas contemplates their options and then sighs - deeply.

“Okay fuck it.” She concedes at last. “I’m not Evion - surprise. My name is Eyas and Heartfire is my… great-grandmother? Yea. Wolfbane is my dad BUT,” She emphasizes this last part, “I’m not inclined to be his little puppet anymore. I really, really need to see Heartfire and you have her on speed-dial.” The young mare quickly explains, excitement thrumming in her chest. “I’ll bathe and wash the stink off, and I promise to give us adequate cover through Taiga. Even Wolfbane won’t know we’ve passed through.”

Then she pauses; shifts from one leg to the other and grits her teeth again. “I gotta see Heartfire though. Neverwhere she knows we're coming - don’t worry.” Eyas feels a determination building inside of her. A new hope beginning to harden in her black, sparkling eyes. “If you get me to her, Nerine will be unstoppable. And that’s exactly what the rest of this horrible world is trying to prevent.”

@[Neverwhere]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Neverwhere) - by Eyas - 11-10-2019, 10:21 PM