• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wild things
    Isilya

yet it was not that nature had shed o'er the scene
    her purest of crystal and brightest of green

Although Isilya had lately become a little partial to the tropical forest around Tephra – there was just so much life possible on such rich, gorgeous soils! – that did not mean she did not adore the other forests and trees she had seen, that she did not still hope to see everything that Beqanna had to offer. The wonders that were surely left unseen!

It was dark out when she reached these woods, though the porcelain and gold mare knew no fear. She never had! Not once in her long, stretched out life had she ever had a reason to be afraid.

True, having magic would probably help but she had never been in a position to use it either!

So it was that when she heard a roar, heard something large thrashing around in the dark underbrush, Isilya did not think for a second ‘that might be something I should stay away from’. Instead, she moved to investigate. Even large creatures needed help sometimes.

And sure enough, there was something wedged between two trees – the great crown on its head was made out of something that looked like bone, only black, and was unyielding.

There was no doubt about what needed to be done. “Oh hey there! It’s going to be okay, don't worry.” Isilya’s presence only seemed to make the strange horse-creature thrash all the more violently, getting herself tangled up on some vines in the process.

She noticed, of course, those jaws of wickedly sharp silver teeth and they made her wary – but not enough to turn away. After all, this was someone who needed her help! With a blink, some of the leaves above them began to shine which illuminated the scene a little better for Isilya to see.

“Oh my dear, how stuck you are! We can fix that.” Her voice was soothing and the flowers along her back began to shift and change. No longer roses, they became lavender blooms – the scent supernaturally strong and blessed with some magic as she sent it on a sweet breeze towards her stuck friend. The intention was to make it easier to do the rescue, the thrashing and snarling was only causing more stress and making things so much worse (in other words: Isilya was not immediately thinking 'hey if I free her she might kill me' which should have been her thoughts)

After a moment of deep breathing, the stuck creature ceased the angry thrashing and its breathing began to mellow out.

Isilya took another step forward, reaching out without hesitation to brush her muzzle against the strange head of her new friend. It felt like stone! Apart from a rather youthful curiosity, the touch contained some more soothing magic and the strange creature was now completely relaxed.

“You’re beautiful, you know.” She commented as she stood back, turning her attention to the trees and sending her magic into them, so she might encourage them to shift just a little with their growth. A slight angle would not hurt. And meanwhile, she prattled on to the creature near her in an effort to distract it (her?) from this unfortunate situation. “I’ve never seen anyone else like you! I bet you never get bruises, I get them all the time…”

’twas not her soft magic of streamlet or rill
    oh! no, it was something more exquisite still

@[Anaxarete]

Messages In This Thread
    wild things - by Ripley - 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: wild things - by Isilya - 10-18-2019, 09:01 AM
    RE: wild things - by Anaxarete - 10-22-2019, 09:33 PM
    RE: wild things - by Isilya - 11-10-2019, 11:53 PM