• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Snow and Crows(any)

Just throw it back, for one more night
    On a starlit and moon-struck night.

Heavily feathered feet unsteadily shift, from one to the other. Readjusting my vast weight against the soft ground. The squelches of wet mud draw my attention to a newcomer. As always there is someone else out there, wandering, roaming. At first my green eyes catch the chocolate mare's wounds and my proverbial brow furrows. She has been through the mill; her eyes as hollow and empty as the caverns of old. I whicker softly, steadily, my eyes drift from the stranger to the new arrival. She talks in tongue almost, her words as lost as she looks. 'Are you quite alright? You look a little lost, a little in need of some... rest? Yes, rest works wonders. Are you sure you're alright?' My tone is a genuine whisper, and my eyes roam her body, shaking my head, as Reuen steps closer. I know not what she intends, but her eyes are as dazed, and her legs as uncoordinated as mine normally. But she, she is worrying me so.

The red stranger brightens up and my ears turn towards her, capturing her words. The smile is back upon my lips, curling at the ashen edges. 'Susquehanna. It is lovely to meet you.' I say, as genuine as the wisps of cloud on a bright blue sky. I nod carefully, it is nice to see another thickset maiden, one with wisps of beauty, and large at heart. 'The Falls is a beautiful place. The birds flock there andI often spend my afternoons just watching them, admiring. It is a truly beautiful place. Have you ever just stood for hours in peace and watched them?' I ramble on, again I scold myself, shaking my head. 'Forgive me, this sort of thing, it's new to me.' I admit, before adjusting my eye to make certain that Reuen hasn't collapsed or something much more dire. 'Are you looking for a home, Susquehanna? Somewhere to rest, to play, to love. The Falls is a beautiful place, and I must admit, I have fallen in love with it oh so very much.'

The ground did fold and eat us both
    But all my love, I did devote.

- resident of the falls -

Messages In This Thread
    Snow and Crows(any) - by Susquehanna Sunshine - 07-24-2015, 09:00 PM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Eld - 07-25-2015, 08:50 AM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Reuen - 07-25-2015, 09:11 AM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Susquehanna Sunshine - 07-25-2015, 12:46 PM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Eld - 07-25-2015, 01:53 PM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Susquehanna Sunshine - 07-25-2015, 02:13 PM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Reuen - 07-25-2015, 02:14 PM
    RE: Snow and Crows(any) - by Eld - 07-25-2015, 02:19 PM