• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS

YOU CAN HEAR WHEN THE HEART STOPS.

She watches with an impassive air as those who remained in the too-quiet kingdom begin come to her.  She is pleased to notice that the majority of those who heed the call are children or only teetering on the cusp of adulthood.  She found that many often overlooked children.  A dangerous mistake.  Children were living, breathing potential.  Their minds were moldable, their powers still raw and unpolished.  For that reason the shadowmare had no reason to turn them away - no reason not to include them in her plans for Pangea.  Her loyal monsters join her - undoubtedly drawn to the gathering before her.  She breathes into their mind that those who pledge loyalty are not to be harmed - they are to be left whole and uninjured. She does not wait to see how they will react, for she knows they will heed their master.  They do not bite the hand that feeds, and for that she makes sure that they are always fed.

A young girl with a feline companion is the first of the gathered to speak, and in response Anaxarete says nothing but dips her nose in recognition of her pledge to the future of Pangea.  She can sense the carnivore lurking beneath the girl’s skin, and Anaxarete is pleased to have her amongst the ranks.  The next boy who speaks is young and a strange melding of equine and dragon.  A small smile tugs at the corner of her dark mouth at his statement.  The confidence of youth is endearing. “Why don’t we work on building an empire for you to rule, one for you to be proud of,” she says - addressing not just Ghaul but all who have come.  The kingdom of Carnage was in a sorry state, and there was no pride in ruling empty lands with empty promises.  She speaks directly into the boy’s mind before she moves on, “Let me teach you, Ghaul, how to be heir of an empire. We’ll build a kingdom for you to be proud of - one that earns both the fear and respect of your enemies.” She would teach him what it meant to lead, if he wished.

Her eyes move towards Dawn. The shadowmare does not contradict the former queen, for the emptiness of this land says all that needs to be said.  Her predecessors had been foolish.  This was the kingdom that Carnage built. It was not a land of peacefulness and quiet. It never would be. However Anaxarete was not so foolish as to inspire her enemies in the first moments of her reign.  “This land was never meant to be a sanctuary. The life in this land was imbued by Carnage himself,” she says, cooly. “You are welcome to return to the Cove. I’m sure I will meet your daughter soon enough.”  Anaxarete had no intention of disturbing the territories. Not yet. Not when there was so much to do here.  She’d rather have them quiet and loyal for the time being.

She is pleased to find familiar faces in the crowd.  Stave the little necromancer and one who she knows to be his twin sister.  Both wild and gifted and more than welcome in Pangea.  Another of the old bloodline speaks next - she can feel the darkness in his blood.  And while his loyalty to his family are admirable, she hopes in time he realizes that she will be able to make him more

“Everyone should care when one of the kingdoms slips into silence. It disrupts the balance.  I’ve seen it happen before, and it never ends well for those content to simply be meek and quiet.  This place - this kingdom - was always destined for great things. Pangea deserves better - deserves not to fade away into obscurity,” she states, simply, before turning her attention to Kensa.

Anaxarete dips her head, politely, at the mare’s words. The shadowmare had not forgotten what it was to be a diplomat - had not forgotten the rules of decorum that had ruled her life for decades. “I desire a great many things, Kensa,” she says, having drawn the mare’s name from the darkness.  “For Hyaline’s loyalty, I offer you and those who live under you safety. You will remain leader of the territory. Once things have settled, perhaps we can talk about what the future holds.” she says, opening the door for Hyaline to rise alongside Pangea.

She turns back to the group once more, her icy gaze flickering among those who have come. “I will not change leadership in the Cove or in Hyaline. Those loyal to Pangea will always have my protection.  Ghaul may remain heir of this land, if that is his wish.  However, I will not tolerate disloyalty - those who betray Pangea will answer to me, personally.”  There is an implicit threat in her words, but her voice never changes - never waivers - it remains as cold as ice. "For the time being, Ripley will serve as our champion," she says, gesturing to the larger of the xenomorphs, "For those interested in the position, I will be watching."

- A N A X A R E T E -
    been there, done that
    image credit  

y'all dont have to respond if you want. if you don't want to write a whole post feel free to just respond with a note or whatever. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Anaxarete - 10-21-2019, 04:26 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Rayie - 10-21-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Ripley - 10-21-2019, 06:07 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by ghaul - 10-21-2019, 07:14 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Dawn - 10-21-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by stave - 10-21-2019, 10:32 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Desire - 10-22-2019, 12:08 AM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Darkling - 10-22-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Kensa - 10-22-2019, 08:51 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Anaxarete - 10-25-2019, 07:33 PM