• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  In search of a key you know is not there;

you said you'd wait forever, but I blinked and the world was gone

Light had well begun to retreat through the flowers and the roots, through the wild vines and all the fields of briar and roses, and the sun nearly finished sinking below the horizon just as the silver colored moonlight poured in and throughout all of Beqanna. The darkened sky bled with starlight and clouds, and with a shimmering pulse of color as auroras stretched from the mountains beyond the meadow to somewhere else within the lands. A babbling river glistened as scaled fish, metallic in color, leapt along the mossy rocks and through the rapids scattered along it’s way: the banks eroded and the vines dredged along the edges.

Imperceptible movements haunted the shadows and caused heads to flit one way or the other as the nightbirds and deer remained alert. Such it was that they bore the sight of the girl poured from the darkness and the way she stepped in and out of time as if it were a tangible fabric. Her breath came with steam and it billowed along her face as Briella flitted her gaze to and around the darkened wood- accustomed and able to note the crickets and locusts hidden in the leaves.

She moved gracefully, but there was a kind of lull to her steps and she drifted beyond the deer and owls with little mind to them, and when finally Briella had reached the edge of the meadow she could hardly help but step into the moonlight.

Glistening and glittering the gemstone hooves thudded heavily and refracting light as if the stars themselves were trapped in the facets. Thin strands of icy formed the curls and waves of her mane and tail and the girl couldn’t hide the prismatic shimmer they gave within the moon’s guiding reflection. Those pale blue eyes, gem-toned and jewelike shined and she blinked several times as she danced and drifted… a sapphire tiger’s eye of milky pale blues and whites with spattered markings, all atop a glossy black.

Delicate as she seemed, she noted the company not far off and found herself startled and chuckling: smoothing her gait as she glided to and closed the distance between them. Pale golden and softer toned, a sheen of strange blue coloration splashed across him in an almost opalescent fashion. Cooing softly, a name, she spoke with mellifluous tones and exhaled a sigh at the end.

“Santana,” she breathed. “I’m sorry, I- it… it doesn’t matter. You must think me rude, how are you?”  she paused, chewing nervously on her lip and finding it impossible to break the gaze she had upon him. For a moment, her heart skipped a beat, and she felt the heat boiling in her cheeks and upon her face: felt the whispers in her ears and the girlish pangs in her heart. A crush? She could hardly understand. Still, she tried, settling and allowing the world to slow around them… or at least it felt slowed to her.  “My apologies for leaving before.” 

BRIELLA

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    In search of a key you know is not there; - by Briella - 10-21-2019, 09:04 PM