• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; velkan, birthing
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Where had the time gone? She thinks.

The purple nereid reminisced the last several passing days. She finally had found some time for herself. The Island was finally beginning to settle down after many months of uncertainty. Part of her finally could breathe and relax knowing that Ischia was back in good hands.

It was a change of season.

A change Eva had never expected to happen. She had never thought of herself stepping up to lead and be the voice for all of Ischia. But within her heart, she knew she needed to do it. She had to protect what Ischia was and all her family and friends.

With time, she knew she would have to wait and see how everything unfolded. Being a leader was new and something the nereid wanted to do right with. She didn’t want to give anyone a reason to doubt her and her ability to lead everyone that called the Island their home.

However, time simply does not allow her to focus on such things. The season of change comes quickly, and she only now realizes the last couple of days how close she is to give birth. Her body swelled instantly with new life after sharing a moment of serenity with her dearest friend Velkan.

This time it was different though. Her stomach expanded much larger the last couple months. She felt different in ways than she had in her previous pregnancies. Most days lately she had spent sleeping away, waking for some hours to look after Loire and Aeolus, and eating when necessary. There was not much to worry about considering the familiar lull of Ischia had returned now.

Eva had found herself more in the familiar area of Ischia where she has given birth to all her children. It is a remote area of the island that often not many others go to. A place she prefers to when bringing her children into the world. Loire and Aeolus are familiar with the area since they both had spent a time here after their birth so she does not worry for them, especially knowing Aquaria and likely others will look after her little ones while she is gone.

It is about mid-morning when she begins to feel contractions. Naturally instinct takes over as she moves to find her familiar birthing area on the white sandy beach. Tropical greenery expands a little farther out here. A few palm trees hang overhead her. She can hear the lapping of water—a familiar sound that gives her comfort always during this time.

Laying down on the seashore, the contractions come closer. She makes herself comfortable and allows nature to take its course. Her breathing is soft and controlled as she gives the first push and then a few more before she feels the birth of her new offspring completed. Eva moves to welcome her new foal into the world, but another contraction begins—a surprise, but she felt within her heart these previous months she might have more than one gift this season. Allowing nature to take course once more, Eva gives birth to another with heavy breathing and one last push.

Feeling the contractions and labor pains subside. She hears the soft noises of not one, but two little ones. Lifting herself up into a sitting position, Eva finds two beautiful colored foals. A smile instantly spreads across her lips. Eva rises from her position and tends to the newborns. “My beautiful little babies,” she hums softly with warmth and happiness. Eva gently attends to each of them. Discovering that she has a new son and daughter.

“Donny, my beautiful boy,” she says softly as she cleans the last remaining bits of birth from his body. Her golden gaze then turns to her new daughter. “And Millicent, my sweet little girl.” She smiles sweetly as she glances from each of them. Eva tends to them more, double-checking to ensure she has cleaned every bit of them.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Squirt] @[Leah] @[Kiara] <3
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; velkan, birthing - by Eva - 11-03-2019, 03:23 PM