• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we're all just stories in the end, voracious
    She had grown up almost entirely untethered by anything. Her mother, though protective in the beginning, had been quick to relinquish any kind of hold on her. Like most of her siblings Aislyn was independent and reckless, and once she realized Ryatah didn’t seem to mind that she spent most of her time away from her side, she stopped returning. Aislyn had ran headlong and fearless into the unknown, and not once has she looked back.

When she realizes he had been eating pine needles off the tree she can’t help the laughter that bubbles from her chest, not seeming to notice — or maybe just not caring — that she had startled him. “If you dig a little bit under the snow there’s still grass. These trees are gross. At least, I think they are.” She scuffs at the ground with a single front hoof, dislodging a layer of snow to reveal damp, trampled blades of grass. Frowning for a moment, she admits, “Looks kind of gross though.” And then with a nonchalant shrug and a vibrant chirp, “Guess we’ll just starve!”

Not bothering to wait and see if he had caught onto the fact that she was teasing she moves on to the next topic, shaking snow from her mane as she does. “I mean I guess it’s okay. I just feel like I’ve seen all of it already.” Her bright pink eyes rest longingly on his wings, and she says to him with a thoughtful tilt of her head, “You know with your wings you could go literally anywhere.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're all just stories in the end, voracious - by Aislyn - 11-09-2019, 10:24 AM