• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a dream and a nightmare; any

Oriash

they promised that dreams can come true

It does not take long for someone else to find her. Ori does not recognize the mare, though that doesn’t mean much coming from Ori who has only barely participated in the land she calls home. This mare though is the type of mare one does not forget easily, or miss for that matter, so Ori thinks she must be new. Even in the gray sunshine of winter, this mare gleams like she was plucked right from the oyster’s mouth. The mare is a gem painted by a sunset, and for all that Ori has imagined and created, something like Oceane (as she introduces herself) has never been among her imaginings.

To say the mare is merely beautiful seems almost like an insult. Words simply do not do justice here.

So instead Ori says “Hello,” blue eyes noting the way the other mare seems to take Ori in as well. Ori is used to being appraised, used to the follow up question being something related to the fact that she must be Kagerus’s daughter. Particularly here, for Ori had some small amount of fame in Loess for being the captive almost princess of the Cove, stolen by Loess, who decided to stay put. Stories like that don’t stay quiet, after all.

It is almost shocking then when Oceane asks if she lives here. It was common knowledge in much of Beqanna where Ori lived, at least to anyone who paid attention to politics. Her capture was fuel for the most recent war (one small ember thrown into a pile of tinder and ashes just waiting to catch fire), and her body infinitely recognizable. There is a strange relief at the other mare’s question, like letting out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding.

“I do,” she says. “My name is Oriash, or just Ori is fine.” Often she doesn’t even give her full name. It is a thing used so rarely that she forgets it is hers at all. It is a thing gifted to her by parents she fights to forget in so many ways. Perhaps that is why she has become Ori, some version of her parents but with her own influence. She will always look like her mother’s, and she isn’t sure she’d change it given the chance despite everything, but she doesn’t want to be defined by them. “Are you new here? I’m not out much, I admit, but I don’t think I would forget you.”

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

@[Oceane]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 11-05-2019, 03:44 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 11-06-2019, 05:42 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 11-08-2019, 08:21 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 11-09-2019, 10:36 AM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 12-01-2019, 10:32 AM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 12-18-2019, 09:58 AM