• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a dream and a nightmare; any
    to the lonely sea and sky

Admittedly, Oceane would be unabashedly intrigued were she aware of Oriash's lineage and the implications of her residence within Loess. Though her interest in others is nearly always rooted in a desire to learn as much as she can about whatever she can, the opaline pegasi is not the most skilled at handling such conversations with tact. Instead, she sacrifices finesse for the sake of swiftness and it's at this crossroads that she has, more than a few times, offended the recipient of her unrelenting curiosity.

Fortunately for her new ungulate friend, Oceane has no knowledge yet of Kagerus or the war that teeters on the cusp between kingdoms. And so there can be no comparison hoisted upon her unwelcome. "Which do you prefer?" she interjects, large amber eyes following the expression on the other woman's face - relief, maybe? "Ori, or Oriash?" She usually refrains from the use of nicknames. More often than not, they are too cutesy - and the scholar refuses to be anything close to cutesy.

Ori, the name in itself, is safe from this title. Besides, the relief that had splashed itself briefly on her new companion's face draws the assumption from Oceane that there may be a reason behind Ori.

"I am," she affirms with a small smile, "to both Beqanna and Loess." But she neglects to offer where she has come from, or why. Oceane, too, runs from events and horses in her past that have no business existing within Beqanna or in this new life she strives to create for herself.

She shifts her weight, habitually ruffles the feathers at her sides. "I'm quite enjoying it thus far. Do you travel often? I'm curious which territories would be the best for me to visit." Undoubtedly, she'll visit them all - but learning the politics of each is an important factor before she makes her trek.

@[Oriash] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 11-05-2019, 03:44 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 11-06-2019, 05:42 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 11-08-2019, 08:21 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 11-09-2019, 10:36 AM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 12-01-2019, 10:32 AM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 12-18-2019, 09:58 AM