• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a dream and a nightmare; any
    to the lonely sea and sky

"Ori it is, then," she says with a gentle smile to the antlered woman, "have you lived here all your life?" It's a question she should, perhaps, refrain from asking if she'd like to keep that same information about herself tucked close to her chest, but Oceane's desire to learn (and her practiced nosiness) have other plans. This is to be her home for the foreseeable future, anyway, and to make friends is to be accepted as a part of the community.

"Thank you," she offers genuinely at Ori's welcoming, happy for the conversation to turn away from the thoughts of Nau-Aib that linger just on the edge of her mind. "I would love a tour," despite having been given one by Castile, it will be nice to venture over the foothills with her new friend to see what areas Ori deemed important. She falls in step with the other woman, two-toned wings rustling at her sides before she looks skyward at the clear blue above them. "Perhaps a tour from the sky?" Oceane suggests offhandedly, though she wouldn't be entirely disappointed if the painted woman preferred to remain on the ground.

"I do enjoy politics, but let's start with some places you find to be exceptionally beautiful - places that I can visit when politics start to feel like too much," she'd had no such place Nau-Aib. There had been no escape from the politics, the bargaining, the under-the-table work. Evil had gone perpetually unpunished in Nau-Aib, and she'd had no reprieve from seeing it happen in a never-ending succession of one bad deed after another.

@[Oriash] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 11-05-2019, 03:44 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 11-06-2019, 05:42 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 11-08-2019, 08:21 PM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 11-09-2019, 10:36 AM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oriash - 12-01-2019, 10:32 AM
    RE: a dream and a nightmare; any - by Oceane - 12-18-2019, 09:58 AM