• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Come Along to the River; Round 1
    <style type="text/css">.whisteria_container{position:relative;z-index:1;width:720px;height:500px;background:#373c3f url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8f/87/c4/8f87c4e06bc7174a2fdc263de027695c.jpg')right center no-repeat;border-radius:0 200px 0 0;border:10px solid #757575;box-shadow:0 0 4px 2px #010101}.whisteria_container p{margin:0;padding:0}.whisteria_message{position:relative;z-index:5;width:310px;height:370px;right:199px;top:15px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font:12px 'Times New Roman',serif;padding:10px;color:#c9c9c9}.whisteria_message::-webkit-scrollbar{width:1px;background:transparent}.whisteria_name{position:relative;z-index:15;left:-200px;top:30px;font:28px 'Times New Roman',serif;color:#b49290;text-shadow:0 0 5px #757575,0px 0 1px #757575;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px}.whisteria_quote{position:relative;z-index:15;left:-198px;top:10px;font:12px 'Times New Roman',serif;color:#b49290;text-transform:uppercase}</style><center>
    <div class="whisteria_container">
    <p class="whisteria_quote">Mother is the name for God</p>
    <p class="whisteria_quote">in the lips and hearts of little children</p>
    <div class="whisteria_message">
    There comes a time in many people's lives when they begin to question the meaning of life. What does it mean? Where do we go when we die? One question that passes through her mind is, <i>is it the same for everyone?</i>

The afterlife, behind the veil. The misty, muted world that the ivory woman was now chained to, was incredibly lonesome. There were no others here. It looked like home, well to be more precise, it looked like the Chamber. It looked like Beqanna, but it was darker, desaturated, and filled with a constant, swirling mist. It felt like she was living in an unfinished and abstract painting of the world she once knew. She wanders the gnarled wood, searching. Calling out his name. Every bellow that came forth from her mouth was more desperate than the last, tears streaming from beautiful, yet pained, baby blues. She would never find him.

Whisteria had lived a simple and comfortable life on the warm sandy shores of Paradise Beach. A small, yet lovely little territory that was just south of the Gates. She was appointed lead mare of Fascade and Incubi's herd, she kept her herd mates entertained with activities and lovely conversation. Ceneri was one of her first best friend, a lovely grulla mustang who captured the heart of Incubi. Their children gave the overo mare a case of baby fever. Though she was not yet sure she wanted to carry child, so she made the trek to the adoption den. It was there she found the small colt, Clawfinger. It was the moment she laid her eyes on him, she knew. This was her son. It was love at first sight.

She raised him well, and the others in Paradise Beach loved him as well. After a year went by, now pregnant with her first biological child, she noticed a new mare wandering around the territory. Clawfinger was smitten with this snake, and Whisteria felt in her very gut, that this woman was not to be trusted. She kept slinking around, and soon enough our ivory mother had enough. She snapped, telling her to leave her child alone. But it only made the woman act further. A few days after giving birth to a colt named Whiskaway, Clawfinger went missing.

Whisteria knew that snake by the name of Nexa, had spirited her child away with her. Her anger boiled over, she had to get him back. There was so much more to that than she could ever have known, the dark plans that Nexa had for her son. So, our innocent mother took to the dark path leading to the Chamber. It was cold, no birds sang here, and a thick fog hovered over the forest floor. Every step of the way, she had no idea that what awaited her would not be what she had hoped.

She was meddling in something that she should have just left alone, but maternal instinct drove her into the heart of danger. Dark shadows darted around her, she calls out frantically. <i>"Clawfinger!? Is that you? Sweetheart it's me, it's momma! I've come for you my little prince, I will bring you home to safety!"</i>, but the figure who steps out of the mist is not that of her son, it was the steely queen, Starlace. Bloody marks drape over her shoulders like a stole, her face had a look that almost said, <i>you are not welcome here</i>. Before she can ask for her son, she is jumped.

Shadowy figures coming at her from every direction, tearing at her skin. She is beaten, bitten, and thrown to the forest floor. The steel woman looms over her battered body, she could have sworn she could see a malicious grin spread upon her lips. The queen raises into the air, and with a swift strike, everything goes dark.

She feels light, her body looks marred, but she feels no pain. The ethereal glow that emits from her body sends a ping of sadness through her. She was not finished. What was to come of her sweet prince, what about her newborn son? She weeps silently, isolated in this new realm. The visions of her last moments plague her mind, and she feels the icy grasp of delirium take hold of what was left of her mind. She wandered for what seemed like centuries, calling out for Clawfinger. She never gave up.

Never.

She never knew what became of Nexa and her plotting with her son, and as the years in Beqanna passed, she never witnessed its destruction either. In a way, she was lucky. For she wouldn't have felt the pain of seeing her world and loved ones be torn apart in a catastrophic flash. But it is now, after all this time, she averred she could hear a voice. It is unclear, and fuzzy, like a distant radio station trying to come through the static. She grows confused, wondering if this is the final phase of losing herself completely. Never once in her years of searching this desolate plane, had her ears been graced by the voice of another. She begins to run toward it, crying desperately into the air, she must find it! Where was the source?! As if someone had snapped their fingers, her world goes dark once more.

A loud gasp escapes cold lips, she sputters, coughing black clots of old blood out of her throat. Her body aches, pains she had not felt in years. She tries to scream, but only a sharp scratchy sound emits from within her. Her vision clears, and she attempts to rise to her feet. It is hard, and she is weak. But, she realizes that this is not the world she has been in for the past couple of centuries, this was the mortal plane. She feels hope bubbling up in her chest, though it may have been another blood clot, and her determination sends adrenaline through her old body. She stands, her brow furrowed. She has no idea where she is, but she was given a second chance, she would get her revenge. She would finish what she started, even if it kills her once again.
    </div><p class="whisteria_name">whisteria</p></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Nikkai - 11-06-2019, 12:03 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Larva - 11-06-2019, 04:10 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by October - 11-06-2019, 08:48 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Dillan - 11-07-2019, 12:08 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Nadya - 11-07-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Satan - 11-08-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Cress - 11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Ozzie - 11-09-2019, 11:04 AM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by brigade - 11-09-2019, 12:31 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Faulkor - 11-09-2019, 02:11 PM