• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nimue Isolde, Anyone;
    HELLO DARKNESS, MY OLD FRIEND

As they spoke, the shadows twined away around her legs - returning to their master.

She dips her head oh-so-politely at the greeting.  It does not surprise her Loess is the first to come, not after what she has heard.  Loess who favored residents of the reptilian kind, or so it seemed. Her icy gaze settled upon the dragon-king.

“That would be a safe assumption,” she says, as a smile flickers upon her dark lips and fades just as quickly.  Titles mean so little to the shadowmare, for she has so many.  Queen. Conqueror. Destroyer. Mother. However, she knows the significance of such things in a world such as this.

“It was the same in the old world. The visits. The posturing,” she says, simply, her gaze still lingering on Castile. She had been a diplomat once. Before she had become more. Before she had shed her blood and sweat on the Plains in the Alliance in the name of her home. She cared little for diplomacy, but she knew it was a necessary annoyance.  It was even amusing, at times.  Anaxarete was good at this game. “But necessary nonetheless,” she adds, with a dark smile.

However, the smile twists when he mentions her companions - her children - her monsters. “Ah, I see word spreads as quickly as ever here in Beqanna. But it is a comfort that these lands have not forgotten my companions.” There is amusement in the cool voice. It is, perhaps, refreshing to realize she has not been completely forgotten.  But oh, if only they knew. And the shadowmare was not going to fill in any gaps in the rumors that flowed through the shadows on Beqanna.

Her gaze then shifts to Nimue - the dragon-king’s companion. For a moment, the shadowmare’s brows furrowed in confusion.  “Do whom have names?” the shadowmare muses, aloud.  But she continues, answering on the assumption she means her monsters, “My companions do have names, though they do not respond to them.” Only to me, she thinks.  “But not to worry - they know not to harm my guests.” she offers, if the woman is, in fact, referring to the alien creatures that call Pangea home.

Her attention then returns to the dragon-king. “So what brings Loess to Pangea?  Duty? Curiosity? Or something more?” she asks, plainly.

A N A X A R E T E
    image credit 

@[Castile]
    @[Nimue Isolde]

Messages In This Thread
    Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 11-07-2019, 03:10 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Nimue Isolde - 11-07-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 11-07-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 11-08-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Nimue Isolde - 11-11-2019, 08:02 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 11-19-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 12-03-2019, 02:40 PM