• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nimue Isolde, Anyone;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Do they have names? The question is a spider web, capturing traces of his curiosity as his eyes slide from Nimue to Anaxarete. Monsters, Castile considers with a subtle tilt of his head. Many have names, but not all. The shadowed queen affirms this, but it’s followed with a reassurance that lifts the edge of Castile’s mouth. Fear does not sink into his pores or gropes for his beating heart; he is too arrogant in his own abilities to be fazed by small monsters – pets. Though, he isn’t quite so foolish to know no fear at all. Caution riddles his thoughts when he regards Ana quietly, her experience and tales radiating from her to near tangibility. How sweet it would be to know everything she has done, all that she will do. Just by this meeting, he is acutely aware that she is a precarious figure in Beqanna’s history and present.

”Some things simply never change,” he drawls with lighthearted humor, realizing how mundane politics are and were. Generations upon generations of interkingdom visits and political standings. It’s what creates, and destroys, Beqanna. The taste of sinful lust is sweet on his lips. Glory, nobility, recognition, friendships. It’s the gasoline fueling them all each and every day.

A sideways glance finds Nimue, taking note of her diplomatic abilities and her eyes as they search Pangea and its ruler. Yes, he confirms to himself, she is a match for Loess and its endeavors. She is in the forefront of this conversation, the meeting of monster and the mother of monsters. Lifting his chin, he mildly answers, ”Curiosity, mostly.” A contemplative lick of his lips solidifies the track of his thoughts. ”When a new ruler rises, everyone scrambles to make acquaintances, or even friendships. There is fear on the horizon, so I half expected some kingdoms to forge an alliance so you can protect them,” a jagged grin tips the corners of his mouth, ”but I imagine a lover of chaos doesn’t need, or want, responsibility or stagnation like that.”

Fascination grips him and holds back the creature that lurks within him. Within a blink and a slow nod, the flash of white, sharp teeth disappears. ”I also imagine that a Queen wouldn’t bring along her monsters unless she had plans… plans that do not involve widespread peace.”

castile

@[Nimue Isolde] @[Anaxarete]

Messages In This Thread
    Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 11-07-2019, 03:10 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Nimue Isolde - 11-07-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 11-07-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 11-08-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Nimue Isolde - 11-11-2019, 08:02 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 11-19-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 12-03-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 12-19-2019, 09:09 PM