• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  grey mist on the sea’s face & a grey dawn breaking
    to the lonely sea and sky

Oceane's shivers transform into something more electric as she takes the empty space at Castile's side, and with it being winter there are no storm clouds hanging darkly overhead to indicate the electricity stems from anywhere other than between the two pegasi. As she finishes her cursory visual sweep of the land unfurled before them, her facetious inquiry slipping from curved lips, Oceane offers a sideways gaze at her companion. His easy grin causes her heart to beat more rapidly and coaxes her gaze to shamelessly linger at his mouth.

As he stretches, she clears her throat and forces her amber gaze away from the Loessian King. She takes a deep, but slow, breath and rustles her wings at her side almost stiffly. Oceane is acutely aware of the distance between her opaline body and Castile's painted one, but forces this from her mind in favor of his comment. The work never ends, I'm afraid. She knows this to be true, though she lacks anything anecdotal about leadership - her knowledge of crowns and thrones comes only from her own observations of others.

Even so, Castile rules so differently than any King she had seen command the territories of Nau-Aib, tugging even more intrigue from the shimmering woman. She can sense that there is something beneath the surface, hiding in the depths of his eyes, and it feeds into Oceane's curiosity. She catches herself wondering, if only for a moment, if she is fabricating this mysteriousness within him because of the tension coursing between them.

But you finally have me now.

The skin at her withers prickles and her eyes flick back to his countenance, running from the gold at his jaw to his mismatched eyes. But there is no reaction from Castile, despite the grin that lingers warmly upon his lips, and Oceane takes a small step to the side to garner more distance and slacken the electricity between them. It doesn't help.

Fortunately, for the now dry-mouthed pegasi, her companion changes the subject to her recent foray, revealing that he was well aware of her exploits. "It was wonderful. Quiet, like you'd said. But Blue was a gracious host and showed Isobell and I  some odd carvings that dot the land," her amber eyes are alight with the knowledge of Island Resort and the enigmas that are the ancient abstractions, truly pleased to have the information to share with Castile. "He seems to be enjoying it there. It suits him well." The brindle stallion she'd met in the Field, uncertain and lost, was entirely different from the man she and Isobell had spent time with on the Island.

She falls silent then, her tongue thick with the desire to further their conversation but uncertain what to say to do so. With another jostling of her satiny blue-purple wings, the woman gives Castile another beguiled grin. After a moment, she breaches the silence again. "So, what does one usually ask the King when they have him alone? Do I get three wishes?"

@[Castile] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: grey mist on the sea’s face & a grey dawn breaking - by Oceane - 11-09-2019, 11:58 AM